Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 11, 2015
A wealth of data about Millennials and their thoughts about Christianity and faith. While the Millennial generation is currently 20-35 years old (by most definitions they are born from 1980-1995), this book will help you understand high schoolers, too, which are part of Gen Z. If you are a parent, this book will help you with your teens and twentysomethings. If you are involved in your church community/family as a teacher or leader of youth, you'll benefit from this book, too. While I don't believe in the Gospel by focus group or opinion polling, this book brings to light attitudes an older generation needs to know about Millennials (or Mosiacs, as Kinnaman refers to them) so we can all have greater understanding.
on March 9, 2017
It's an insightful book. Definitely examines some issues several churchgoers - especially church leaders - simply choose to ignore. On the other hand, it's pretty patronizing to non-believers.
on December 15, 2017
Kinnaman helps us understand the millennials, who he calls the Mosaics. This book is essential for any boomer or buster who ministers to young 20 and 30 something's.
on December 16, 2017
Well written, an easy read and informative. It discusses the realities of many young people who are simply disenchanted with participating in church. It gives pastors and church leaders vital information on how to better connect with our younger generation.
on January 12, 2017
Thank you David Kinnaman for enlightening me on the millennials who have walked away from church (and there are a lot of them). This issue has really been troubling me as I look at my own extended family and the church, particularly since I read UnChristian. This follow up book has created wonderful dialog in our church and helped us rethink how we currently disciple Millennials and reach out in meaningful ways.
on April 12, 2017
A must read for Christians who are concerned about the teens/young adults leaving/avoiding their churches
on May 12, 2017
Very thought provoking for today's church,
on January 28, 2014
I was skeptical about this book, as I didn't really find "Un-Christian" to be that helpful, but I was locked in with this one from the start. The research is helpful, and the stories give the numbers real meaning and context. While the book points out the research about people leaving church, it does it without the "sky is falling" panic you find in similar resources. I've re-read this book with other staff members at our church, and it has prompted some true change in how we approach our student ministry.
on December 3, 2015
A lot of what the book says actually is accurate as I am an agnostic who grew up in Christian home. I really do hope that every church leader who is really dying to have people back reads this because I think some leaders fall into some, if not every, category. I left the church because I got fed up with some extreme beliefs and I dont think the leaders know that those repressive ways will not work for at least this generation.
on March 28, 2014
The church is not adequately facing issues in culture and thus, are not able to give good answers to the hard questions young people are asking today. This book gives some excellent points and is helpful to the conversation.