Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(4 star, Verified Purchases). See all 284 reviews
on March 21, 2014
I bought this book because I'm an avid cracked.com reader & needed something to rescue my mind from the dreary books society calls 'literature' in today's age.

I generally liked the book - it was humorous. It even had a few things I didn't know in it.

But my only complaint was there were a few errors in the book, my biggest one that still bugs me to no end is the fact they state Mount Rushmore is in North Dakota. *face palm* You'd think a book of 'facts' that people aren't aware of would be a little more thoroughly researched, and that the editor owned a globe so they'd be able to check some of the facts.
Other than a few inaccuracies & a few mistakes, it's a fun read & I'd recommend it.
VINE VOICEon April 23, 2011
First off, let me just say that almost all of these articles are available on Cracked's website for free. They even have the original pictures whereas for obvious legal reasons this book had to eliminate those in favor of drawings. (That are well done but unfortunately don't always capture the same feeling I had when I read the articles.) This in itself is worth mentioning from the start since some people will be willing to pay for this book while others won't. I'm only mentioning it in case you're someone completely new to Cracked's sense of humor. I believe this book is worth purchasing but it wouldn't be bad for you to check out their website so you can see if it's right for you.

Onward to the review. Overall I really did enjoy this book. I missed having the original photos & drawings, but I do like the hand drawn pictures scattered throughout. The real draw to this is of course the articles themselves. Other than the obvious loss of the pictures, nothing else was really lost in translation. This is both good & bad since some of the bits in the articles aren't really 100% correct. One example I can lift up is the idea that a corpse was used in Three Kings- it had been joked about but ultimately denied by just about everyone involved in the film. The other thing that kind of irked me was that the book mentions the myth about Columbus & the world being flat, which involved the article mentioning that he hit upon a continent (i.e., America). While Columbus would later undertake expeditions that would take him to South America, Columbus never actually found North or South America on his first trip out west. (And if you want to get technical, the Vikings were there first as were the Native Americans.) He actually discovered the West Indies, a series of islands that Columbus thought were the Indies. They're somewhat connected politically to the Americas but also to several other countries as well.

The main reason I took exception to this & wrote a tl;dnr paragraph about it was that the book was debunking one myth about Columbus yet perpetuated another. I couldn't help but wonder why no fact checking was done with this & wondered what else was in the book that I might not have noticed since I wasn't exactly as knowledgeable about other subjects. I know on the average Cracked article thread there's a ton of people who usually call stuff like this out, so I'm not sure why this wasn't done. That's the only reason I'm detracting a star.

Other than that, this was fun to read & if Cracked does put out another volume I'll probably end up buying that one too. I just hope they do more fact checking on the next one.
on February 26, 2017
I'll be very honest here. My husband and I don't have decent reading material in our bathroom. lol. Star Magazine and Reader's Digest, but they're old now. So, while Christmas shopping on Amazon for my husband, I found this very interesting book! It wasn't until I gave the book a chance, then I genuinely started to like it.
on August 28, 2011
And it just wouldn't be a Cracked property any other way. The zombie-themed article promised in the title doesn't come until the end, but pretty much every page before it is just as engaging. Over the course of 287 pages: you'll learn about God's most terrifying creations, the exciting lives of every president anybody cared about, the most horrible foods from any given culture, the strangest mind-control methods that are used on us every day, the most ridiculous weapons ever built, the biggest lies that everybody believes, and the worst implications of your favorite movies. All of this is flavored with hilarious illustrations from, among several other artists, Christopher Hastings of Dr. McNinja fame and Winston Rowntree.

This book is perfect for any Amish who want nerd-cred, but can be enjoyed by anyone who knows the pleasures of a woman and most who don't.
on May 22, 2017
Fun read.
on January 1, 2015
I admit I didn't buy this book with high expectations and I was pleasantly surprised by what I got. It's a highly informative albeit crudely written book. You'll definitely learn some fun facts from this book, and many you wish you wouldn't have. Can be fun to show to easily grossed out family and friends (i.e. where "natural" coloring and flavoring comes from). All in all if you're a fan of the cracked.com writing style, you'll enjoy this book.
on March 11, 2012
This is a great book you can take your time reading. However, I loved it so much I finished it in a day. It's awesome, hilarious and very entertaining. I bought a daily calendar with "surprising facts" and it was corny and full of tacky/vulgar jokes BUT NOT this book. It's funny in a more witty way. Definitely worth it. It has plenty of stories-great for a coffee book or restroom read lol. I'm thinking of buying more and giving them away.
on January 11, 2011
You Might Be a Zombie was a very fun read that kept me occupied and entertained for several evenings! A sign of a good book is that it feels too short, which is true of this one (even though I hear it is 300-some pages in paper format). I am an avid reader of Cracked.com articles, and so some of the sections in this book seemed a bit familiar to me (although they were probably just slightly reworked concepts that may or may not have appeared online in the past).

I read this book on my Kindle 3. The layout of the text was suitable on the device and seems to have translated well across platforms (no surprise). The illustrations that peppered the text were at some times a bit grainy, and often it was difficult to read small writing that appeared in these illustrations; I am not sure if there is a way to zoom images but eventually I was able to work out what everything said.

All in all, a fun book and not too ridiculously priced at $9.99 (although, like I said, the book seemed to be over with in no time at all).
on January 18, 2011
As an avid Cracked reader and a huge fan of several of its writers, there was no question over whether or not to get this book. Also, at the price Amazon is selling it, it's a steal. In terms of how this book rates against the website itself, it is a little strange not being able to click on links to read the articles' sources, making it feel slightly less interactive. I was also hoping that, being in book form as opposed to digital, the articles would be longer given that you're less likely to get the, 'TL;DR' reaction. The articles remain short and punchy, which has its benefits, but I honestly would have preferred fewer, longer articles. The book is made up of 40 articles in total and while 18 of those are new and available only in the book, I really, really would have preferred more new content to have come from the site's core stable of writers. That the idea of Cracked is to give comedic nobodies a chance to shine and show the world what they've got is understandable, but as a loyal fan of Cracked, I want the best new stuff from the best writers to be in the book.

I won't say that the book is bad, but it is a little bit of a let down. As with other books with Internet origins, like the book versions of the blog 'Belle de Jour: The Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl' and the webcomic 'XKCD: Volume 0', the books serve best as an introduction to the site or the style rather than something a long time reader NEEDS to have. It's also the special content that really makes such a book worth buying over reading for free online, which it feels like this book doesn't have. I'm too much of a fan of Cracked to say I hated it because there is some satisfaction in knowing that I have the book forever as a hard copy reference for some Cracked Classics, but the fact that just over half the articles aren't new and that special features are a little thin on the ground makes me wish there was more to this book.

Basically, this book feels like the no-frills DVD of a movie you saw once or twice, loved and therefore felt compelled to buy even though you may never watch it again.
on March 21, 2015
Although this book is quite funny and well-written, I do not believe it contains anything that was not already published on the Cracked website.