|Digital List Price:||$7.99|
|Print List Price:||$17.99|
Save $16.00 (89%)
You Must Write a Book: Boost Your Brand, Get More Business, and Become the Go-To Expert Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Why should you write a book?
* · a book is the highest form of awesomeness
* · a book lives forever
* · a book establishes authority
* · a book differentiates you from the crowd
* · a book has unlimited reach and allows you to expand your market
* · a book creates buzz
* · a book makes you the ultimate professional
In "You Must Write a Book" Honoree takes us from the beginning idea to a finished product and the marketing strategies that can get your book noticed. From chapter 4 the author gives us guidance for the pre-book strategic thinking stage. Before you write a book, you have to know what it is you are writing, and WHY you are writing it. Before you set out to write your first book, there are a few things to think about. As we learn from Honoree, the best action plan for any book is planning to write it.
Throughout the rest of the book, Honoree lays out the structure for writing, designing and getting a book ready for publication. She walks us through:
* · Outlining the book
* · Setting a daily word count
* · Scheduling time to write
* · Hiring a cover designer
* · Finding a top-notch editor
* · Crafting the book title
* · The best software to use for writing
* · Pricing your book
* · Platforms for publishing
The next section is critical to a book’s success:
The Book Launch!
From chapter 7 the author gives stellar advice on setting your book up for a successful launch. We can do this as she says by releasing it in as many formats as possible: eBook and print version, audio and hardcover. The BIG launch has many parts to it that all function together to get it to the top of the charts:
* · Setting up promo sites
* · Creating a pre-order page
* · Offering two free chapters to anyone who signs up
* · Emailing your list, friends and posting on Facebook
* · Create a shareable post using Click-to-Tweet
* · Set up Amazon Marketing Services
If you’ve ever launched a book, or are working towards it, you’ll need a launch team to get it off the ground. Honoree walks us through the points for putting your team together.
* · Recruit your people
* · Send the book
* · Set up a Facebook page
* · Post daily videos
* · Update the feed daily
* · Encourage advanced readers to…read the book.
* · Beg for reviews when the book is live
***The Book Marketing Plan*** [This is where it all happens]
The magic happens here. When you launch your book you need a plan for it to succeed. Honoree introduces her Ninja Strategies that are, in my opinion, the core of this book. She introduces the tactics in a way that it sets the stage for authors to keep book sales coming in regularly even months after.
Honoree starts with sales goals. In order to make a certain amount each month, you have to sell a certain number of books. She does a great job here at breaking it down from $120,000 a year to just $330.00 a day, or 95 books. Then she gets into the action plans for putting grounding the goals in reality.
In chapter 9, “You Must Write a Book”, Honoree gets into the ninja strategies and gives us eight excellent marketing ideas for selling lots of books. She covers getting interviewed on a podcast to becoming a guest speaker, and these are all ays to maximize the content of your book, just like Hal Elrod has done with his Miracle Morning brand. The author makes many more great marketing suggestions on top of what is mentioned such as 'give books away' and using postcards/bookmarks to promote and bolster your brand. As Honoree states, ‘You Must Write a Book, and You Must Start Right Now.’ She ends the book on a great note by giving away tips for getting that book done: set a writing goal, write everyday, create an outline, and keep going until it’s done.
This book is a definite must-read if you are just starting on the wiring journey OR, you would gain a wealth of knowledge from the advanced ninja tactics Honoree talks about. There is something for every writer in ‘You Must Write a Book.'
— James Ranson, Wall Street Journal bestselling editor and founder of The Master Wordsmith
Corder not only makes the case of why you must write a book, but she takes you through the steps of self-publishing — particularly the Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing route.
The Why of it? Corder approaches the reasons for writing a book from three directions: as a way to make significant income as an author; as a way to boost your speaking and coaching endeavors; and as a marketing piece for your “brand” — you/your church/your talents.
She demonstrates how your book will leap over anyone’s business card, brochure, or glossy 12 page handout (all of which will get thrown away), and position you as an expert in your topic. You throw away business cards and other marketing materials — but when is the last time you threw away a book?
This is the third book of Corder’s that I have read. “Prosperity for Writers” is very motivational, and she also talks extensively in one of the chapters about tithing — in a secular book! She is also a co-author of “Miracle Morning for Writers,” a terrific book that combines a helpful morning ritual with nuts and bolts writing and self-publishing instruction.
I’ve had an unfinished book in my drawer for 13 years. Now, following reading Honoree’s books, I have a book cover being finished, I’m completing a re-write with an editor, and my book should be published within a month or two on Amazon. (Look for “THE STRAITJACKET OF PERFECTIONISM: How to Free Yourself From ‘Perfect’, and Finally Achieve Your Goals and Dreams” — on Amazon before the end of the year.
It’s true — you must write a book. Now go buy this book, and become an author. You know you always wanted to. :)
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Writing Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Advertising > Writing Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Skills > Business Writing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Genre Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Nonfiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Creativity