Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

You Can Go to the Potty (Sears Children Library)
Format: Hardcover|Change

on May 5, 2006
This book and "My Big Boy Potty" are the best books I could find on potty training. Realistic situations addressed.

My son appreciated the introduction reviewing that he used to be a baby and needed lots of help from mommy and daddy, but now that he is growing up he can do big-boy tasks. This helped him feel that going pee/poop on the potty really were events that helped differentiate him from babies.

Good photos - appreciated the attachment parenting references.
on January 26, 2007
This is a great book from a great author! We checked it out from the local library and I will be purchasing it today. My son loves it and has asked us to read it to him many times a day. Yes, the pictures can be graphic, but it is just everyday life. I recommend it!
on May 10, 2013
My son never tired of hearing this book. Very thoughtfully written. Any fan of dr sears will not be disappointed.
on April 6, 2012
I bought this book for my 22 month old daughter. She loves it and we read it daily as we are getting ready to potty train.
on November 26, 2010
We got this for our son at the age of 2. It was a great book for all reasons. Great pictures, and my son is now 4 and he still loves to look at the book.
Thanks!
on February 15, 2013
I like Dr. Sears and his parenting advice and I appreciate that this book shows pictures of breastfeeding, cosleeping, etc. However, my two year old found this book to be terribly boring and isn't interested in it enough to read through it even once (and he loves to read books!). The illustrations are just very flat and the story is extremely boring. The book goes into every aspect of what you'd want to teach your child about potty training- but I've already told my son these things (wash your hands, etc.). I guess I didn't need an instructional book for my son, but a book to get him excited and actually wanting to try using the potty once he understood what was involved. I recommend the books "Super Pooper" and "Potty Pirate" for this purpose and he also loves the movie "Potty Power" and will sing the songs from the movie.
on May 6, 2007
We liked the book. It explains to the child the process of going potty and plus has good tips for the parents
on June 27, 2008
My daughter loves this book. I love all the Sears' books. I would recommend all of their books.
on December 2, 2002
The philosophy of all of the work that CWK and the Sears' have done together really embraces the attachment parenting, and this book is no exception. The provision of parent guide is really a nice touch. I highly recommend.
on August 18, 2006
Is very graphic, so not for the faint hearted parent :-)

Has pictures of breastfeeding, poop, boys standing to pee, etc.