Each and every song is brilliant. It takes about 2 or 3 listens to each song before it fully "sinks in". Like described by the band, this album is quite different from previous work but still very much RHCP. The new guitarist is very much a subtle texture creator rather than a solo monster - influences the songs from the background. I only wish he was a little louder in some songs. His beautiful style is on display in "Monarchy of Roses" as soon as the initial grunge part ends. Flea, Kiedis and Smith all shine beautifully in each song.
To all the people lamenting the departure of Frusciante and are unable to adjust in order to witness the brilliance - I feel sorry for you :-) The new RHCP is every bit RHCP, every bit as brilliant, every bit as original, every bit as passionate and every bit as committed as before. These guys give it all for their music - and that has resulted in another album very pleasurable to listen to.
I could try to describe how each song is beautiful but that somehow seems inappropriate, each song is unique in a multitude of ways - please discover each of these gems for yourself.
- Original Release Date: August 26, 2011
- Release Date: August 26, 2011
- Label: Warner Bros.
- Copyright: ℗© 2011 Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Record Company Required Metadata: Music file metadata contains unique purchase identifier. Learn more.
- Total Length: 59:16
- ASIN: B005IXKMNO
- Average Customer Review: 43 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #31,245 Paid in Albums (See Top 100 Paid in Albums)