Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: YouYouPifa Skeleton Dial Stainless Steel Strap Hand-Wind Mechanical Men's Watch (White)
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on May 12, 2014
I purchased this watch, along with two others. All are high quality watches, actually an incredible value. This watch is probably slightly less sporty and more dressy than the other two watches I purchased.

I purchased the expedited shipping ($22 total extra for the entire shipment of 3 watches) because I wanted these for my husband and myself in time for an upcoming trip. I ordered these on a Wednesday and Fedex had brought them to my door by mid-day the following Monday. Not a bad time frame from China to the mountains of Colorado. They were packed in bubble wrap- no boxes no frills. If I didn't need them so quickly next time I will just do their regular free shipping. Even with the added $22 I feel three watches for around $60 is not bad. Three watches for $40? Even better. I will probably order more in the future for gifts. Like I read in one man's review- half the time he just takes them off and gives them to people.

I have purchased Fossil or Kenneth Cole watches and similar brands, and as far as the in-hand look and feel of these watches? Amazingly these youyoupifa watches do not suffer from the comparison. Ultimately in fact I feel they look more expensive. Certainly more interesting. Perhaps these are slightly lighter than a similarly sized department store watch. But, that is not necessarily a bad thing. The appearance is quite heavy and sturdy. The stainless steel looks like. . . the same stainless steel used for every watch I have ever owned or seen. I was afraid it would look in some way "off", but I was quite pleased that in no way do these watches look "cheap". It is actual solid stainless steel and won't have some shiny foil laminate peeling off later.

How well they actually perform or hold up remains to be seen.

The crystal on the face seems to be of good quality also, if slightly magnifying in nature. The open backs are a really nice touch. Two out of three watches arrived already ticking due to the automatic "kinetic" style self wind. The third watch only needed a preparatory set and wind and was also good to go. It has been an hour since I set all three and one of them lost 5 minutes, but perhaps I didn't give it enough winds to crank up it's engine sufficiently. Time will tell, you might say.

TIP:
Don't forget that mechanical watches are WOUND by turning the dial upwards (toward the 12). BUT . . . you SET THE TIME by winding the dial down toward the 6. This is because the second hand on these automatic watches doesn't stop moving and you want to set the time by keeping the hands moving in the direction they like to go. . .that is to say forward.

OVERALL:
-Looks like a $100 + watch.

-Not crazy about the little word "Winner" at the bottom. . . Although I DO feel strangely uplifted every time I look down and it tells me I'm a 'winner', I feel it cheapens the overall look. But thankfully it is not very visible when worn. It will be our little secret.

-You will not need batteries.

-I haven't left the house yet, but I imagine these will be a conversation starter.

If they hold time and keep running, well then. They will be just perfect.
on April 11, 2015
Nice quality look and feel. Gets a lot of compliments for the style. I especially like the domed face which cuts down on reflective glare. The watch is easy to read for me, and the hands glow in the dark which is useful. Two complaints I have are that 1) the winding knob is set into a slight depression on the side of the watch which makes it difficult to wind the watch even with my nimble youthful fingers 2) the stainless steel band the watch comes with can only remove 2 links per side for a total of 4 links, and a slight adjustment in length right at the clasp mechanism. unfortunately at the tightest setting this watch is still too large to wear properly on my wrist, so I have to use it as a desktop timepiece until I get a replacement band. Sad for me, as I bought this particular style because it came with a stainless steel band I was hoping to be able to use
on September 30, 2014
Beautiful watch. Better looking in real life. The only thing I hadn't realised before buying is that this watch is not powered with movement but by turning the nob to wind the watch.
*note: if buying for female, only 4 links can be removed. It fits ok but I would have preferred another link to come out.
Beautiful watch, great buy.
on May 16, 2015
When I ordered this watch, I was told it would arrive in about a month but I received it about two or three weeks after purchase. It's looks better in person and works perfect upon arrival. We'll see how it's doing in a few months. My only complaint is about the band. Although slightly cheap, it does not at all take away from the overall appearance of the watch but adjusting it's size was next to impossible. A couple pins holy the link together were very slightly bent making it extremely difficult to get them out. Eventually, about an hour and a chunk of my thumb from a slip of my screwdriver later, I finally got four links (two on each side of the clasp out) and now it fits perfectly. It probably the the best fittibg watch I've ever owned. Despite other reviews saying you can only take out two on each side, you can take out three on each side. Six total links. Maybe they changed this recently? But four links should be adequit unless your wrists are really small consodering I have relatively small wrists myself. Overall, this watch is 100% worth the money in my opinion.
on January 22, 2015
It looks pretty nice for under $15! It does get the job done, butttt I don't like the fact it is a WIND UP watch even though it brings character. Also the band is very light & cheap feeling. Other than that you can't go wrong with it at $13.99.
on March 20, 2015
Great watch body. Could use a heftier band with a bit more polish, but for the price, this is a "winner." Speaking of winner, if the manufacturer reads this please remove the word "winner" from the inside of the watch. It looks stupid. But it isn't obvious enough to cause shame. People love to see the action and ask to look at my watch and ask where they can purchase.
on March 17, 2014
The watch is just as it was pictured and when contacting the seller, they were extremely helpful with questions I had. No one would ever guess how little I paid for this watch. It looks like something you'd find in the locked glass case at the department store.
on September 17, 2014
It is beautiful and large and looks much much better in person! I will gladly be giving it as a gift, in person! I am so happy to be able to have found this watch. Lovely lovely
on July 17, 2016
Really nice watch especially for the price. Small gripes with it. One being the "winner" at the 6 o'clock position the other being the 4. 4 in Roman numerals is IV not IIII. Other than those things not a bad watch looks great.
on September 5, 2015
I loved the design, and the fact that its a wind up. , however mine never worked from day one, justluckily I liked the design, I have many watches and I dont concern myself with when it stop working I use it for the design a different watch each day so I don't bother with whether it works or not I had to strap changed to an electric one and it looks a whole lot better maybe one day I'll try to get it fixed I gave it two stars because it did not work from day one but I do love the design