Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Young Children With Special Needs Paperback – August 1, 2013
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
The definitive resource for early interventionists for over thirty years!
Young Children with Special Needs, 6/e is the field's classic book on early childhood special education. Taking a unique perspective, it offers readers a solid foundation in child development and addresses how children with special needs develop differently. Rich with expertise, this edited work features contributions from leading educators within each developmental domain. Readers learn how to detect impairments, disorders, and delays and provide early support for children with special needs. Chapters explore assessment and intervention methods, and the role diversity and technology play in both.
New to this Edition:
- Pam Epley and Kathleen Kyzar now author Chapter 3—providing the latest information about family-professional partnerships, family system theory, family-centered practice, family supports, family outcomes, natural environments, and skills for effectively partnering with families.
- Partnerships with Families material appears earlier in the text (Chapter 3)—to reflect the integral role family plays in serving young children with special needs.
- A separate chapter on fine-motor and oral-motor development now appears as Chapter 5—discussing topics such as reach, grasp, and manipulation and how these skills are impacted in children with cerebral palsy, Down's syndrome, and autism spectrum disorders.
- A separate chapter on self-care development now appears as Chapter 6—covering topics such as dressing, grooming, and feeding and which adaptive strategies are most effective.
- More on new federal laws and new initiatives—such as Response-to-Intervention—appear in this edition.
- Improved graphics—and new instructor supplements save time for both students and instructors.
--This text refers to the Loose Leaf edition.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most recent customer reviews
the graphics are hard to see
could use a little more easy to use options here