Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Your Baby's First Year For Dummies
Format: Paperback|Change

on August 13, 2015
This book is very informative. I only wish I had bought it before the baby was born because the first few chapters of the book deals with exactly that. Some of the chapters cover the babies activities based on how many months old he is. So you don't need to read the entire book at once and can wait until your baby reaches a certain age (i.e. 2 months or 3 months and then you can read those chapters). Has a dedicated chapter for Dad.

Most importantly, the book mentions what you can expect as your baby grows older. For example, it was very useful to know that the baby was going to be increasingly fussy and screaming as he grew older into his 2nd, 3rd months which helped us stay more patient and relaxed.
3 people found this helpful
on May 1, 2017
I purchased this as a gift for my husband (FTD) who was a little anxious about bringing home baby. The book has some pretty good information from postpartum to first bites and beyond. Reading the book gave him some confidence and answered a lot of questions, especially in the early stages. I would certainly recommend this book for all new parents.
One person found this helpful
on November 16, 2017
Product is as described.
Only thing is it recommends a few items that are very dangerous for babies (crib bumpers is an example).
Maybe it’s just “older” book. I wouldn’t recommend it .
on March 1, 2016
Only about 100 pages in, already spouting out facts my girlfriend hasn't heard yet and she is an avid blog reader. Mucho brownie points and some interesting facts.
2 people found this helpful
on May 23, 2018
very good book
on January 23, 2016
Great book!
on August 22, 2017
Item as described
on July 20, 2008
The "for Dummies" books are written in a great format. You can read them cover to cover or start at any given point without feeling lost. I totally disagree with "Sabrina's mom"'s comment. Although our baby hasn't come yet I have 4 younger siblings and my mom used the sleep training methods promoted in this book on all of us and they work very well. It's hard to listen to babies cry themselves to sleep but it really is the only way they will learn to get themselves to sleep and the only way you will ever get some sleep. Discipline is just one of those things that you have to do as a parent. Also, the milestones are great so you know when to expect your baby to start crawling so you can plan how to babyproof your house. This book has wonderful, practical advice that I think every parent should read!
5 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 26, 2014
Great book, lots of things I needed to know.
One person found this helpful
on August 15, 2011
Love this reference book! Easy to use, easy to find quick answers, well-organized, and full of no-nonsense, practical advice when and where you need it. I would reccomend this to any new parent.
2 people found this helpful