- "Bottom Line: This book can really change your life." - Indie Music Digest
- "Your Band Is A Virus - Expanded Edition," is inspiring, relevant and informative." - Examiner.com
- "Buy this book." - Target Audience Magazine
- "We can safely highly recommend Your Band Is A Virus." - Aarti Kelapure, Evolver.fm
- "Something for everyone, regardless of your specific role within the music industry." - Thinklikealabel.com
- James Moore's book, "Your Band is a Virus", is an incredible starting point and will help you set a plan to make your dreams come alive. 5 out of 5." - Rebecca Hosking, SKOPE Magazine
- "One of the premiere promotional tools available to independent musicians who have a strong desire to succeed in today's music business." - Senseitional, Editor, I Am Entertainment Magazine
- "This book has meat." - Heather Jacks, The Noise Beneath The Apple
- "There are hundreds, if not thousands of relevant links in this book." - Two Guys Metal Reviews
- "If you read Malcom Gladwell's best-seller "The Tipping Point" and you were wondering "now how do I apply this to market my music?"- Moore is here to answer your prayers." - Red House Reviews
- "If you're an Independent band, then this book is a MUST read." - The Mosh Pit Music
- "A complete marketing guide for musicians." - Musicperk.com
- "Mr. Moore's knowledge becomes advice for us all." - Your Spokesman Speaks
- "Your Band Is A Virus" is jam packed with tips of the trade and is a viral marketing guide to success. - Muzicnotez.com
- "Highly recommended for anyone who is looking to sell their art form for public consumption." - Nathan Pike, All What's Rock
From the Author
Hi everyone, I'm particularly excited about releasing "Your Band Is A Virus - Expanded Edition", as the main goal of the book was to have a real, human conversation free from hype and illusory promises. There is so much unnecessary talk in the music industry, and it's easy to become distracted. The over-arching philosophy has become convoluted and confused, and artists are confused too.
With my experience being a music promoter working only with "music with depth", my perspective, I feel, is radically different from many others in the business. While I do explore avenues on making more money, my main expertise and passion is getting high amounts of press and coverage for meaningful art. So if you play music with depth, or even if you're an entrepreneur or small business owner looking for creative ways to get your product known, I'd love for you to join the conversation.
I hope you enjoy the book.