Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Your Best Just Got Better: Work Smarter, Think Bigger, Make More Hardcover – February 7, 2012
Garth Brooks: The Anthology Part 1 | Limited Edition
A great gift for country music fans, The Anthology Part 1 includes CDs containing the music of Garth's first five years, and behind-the-scenes photographs and stories never before made public. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- CHRIS GUILLEBEAU, NYT bestselling author of The Happiness of Pursuit and The $100 Startup
- DANIEL H. PINK, author of Drive and To Sell Is Human
- JOE FRIEL, Cofounder TrainingPeaks
- STERLING SHEA, Head of Wealth Management Programs, Barron's
- KEVIN D. WILDE, Former Chief Learning Officer @ General Mills, Executive Leadership Fellow, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
Expand your perspective to improve your outcomesThis book is very interesting, practical, energizing and I highly recommend it. Throughout, Jason offers hands-on exercises to get you into a more active mode of driving your own future. I read the book cover-to-cover, but now I am planning to go back and conduct the exercises step-by-step (I skipped some exercises because I was on planes, or my energy / attention levels weren't where they needed to be) because I can see just how powerful they can be.
One pervasive theme throughout the book is to think beyond your "normal" perspective so you can stretch your goals, drive different and better effort, and get more assertive in pushing your life where you want it to go. For example, the book begins with an interesting visioning exercise called "Your Ideal Day," which gets you to begin imagining how things could be if you had a magic wand.
- Dwayne Melançon, Genuine Curiosity
From the Author
- "Setting realistic goals does not mean you should understate what you think is possible. Instead, direct your focus toward the experience of completion and give ample attention to the next milestone of achievement. Build a series of bridges as you continually reach toward experiencing more of your Ideal Days."
- "An important aspect is that most sustainable changes people tend to make usually start small, are repeated with consistency, and often result in a payoff greater than anyone could have hoped."
- "There are only 96 15-minute blocks of time in a single day, and there are just 168 hours in a week."
- "Things are the way they are because of the way you think."
- "If you're waiting until you have time to decide what you'll do when you have time, you'll always run behind."
- "Use your mind to create new idea, develop old ones, and prioritize those you're contemplating right now."
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Yes, Jason may not be as famous as Tim Ferris, but he has the potential to be on Tim Ferris's level.
The book is Packed with practical strategies. Well organized (Jason was a teacher at one point in his life, I believe)
I can talk a lot about what's in the book, but wanted to highlight one personal discovery.
Jason says: Record Yourself on camera while you work!
He asks you to do that in order to then see how much time you spend working and how much time you are wasting.
Timed myself for an hour.
Turned on Photobooth in my Mac.
And began working on my brochure.
The effect was even better than Jason suggested.
Out of 60 minutes, I was productive 58 ;-) 98% of the time.
Am I always so diligent? Hell no!
I just had a feeling someone was watching.
Amazing side effect.
Here is my new strategy:
Step One: Set alarm for 1 Hour
Step Two: Turn on PhotoBooth or Alike
Step Three: Look in the camera and declare what you want to get doe in the next hour
Of course, be realistic and reasonable;-)
Step Four: get rid of your Face on the screen. Open the program you need and begin working.
Thanks a lot Jason!
Really good Book. Must read for self-learners and entrepreneurs.
Your Best Just Got Better is the result of Jason's many years as an executive coach and productivity consultant. This book is very readable and practical. It is not a time management book, but a way to look at many aspects of your life, analyze what is working and most importantly, how you can do things better.
Throughout the book, Jason shares his own experiences, as well as examples of his interactions with his clients and his mentors. In Chapter 7, Jason discusses the question, "Why do I do what I do?," as a way to help the reader clarify their purpose, so they can focus more on that. His answer for himself is: "I share information and activities with leaders so that they have more time and energy for the things they want to do.
In this book, Womack definitely accomplishes this goal. This book will move you forward, if you apply numerous concepts he presents. I highly recommend this book.
Most recent customer reviews
Jason delivers inspirational and thought provoking material in a great...Read more