- Hardcover: 272 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (February 7, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118121988
- ISBN-13: 978-1118121986
- Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 1 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (207 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #698,679 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Your Best Just Got Better: Work Smarter, Think Bigger, Make More Hardcover – February 7, 2012
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- CHRIS GUILLEBEAU, NYT bestselling author of The Happiness of Pursuit and The $100 Startup
- DANIEL H. PINK, author of Drive and To Sell Is Human
- JOE FRIEL, Cofounder TrainingPeaks
- STERLING SHEA, Head of Wealth Management Programs, Barron's
- KEVIN D. WILDE, Former Chief Learning Officer @ General Mills, Executive Leadership Fellow, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
Expand your perspective to improve your outcomesThis book is very interesting, practical, energizing and I highly recommend it. Throughout, Jason offers hands-on exercises to get you into a more active mode of driving your own future. I read the book cover-to-cover, but now I am planning to go back and conduct the exercises step-by-step (I skipped some exercises because I was on planes, or my energy / attention levels weren't where they needed to be) because I can see just how powerful they can be.
One pervasive theme throughout the book is to think beyond your "normal" perspective so you can stretch your goals, drive different and better effort, and get more assertive in pushing your life where you want it to go. For example, the book begins with an interesting visioning exercise called "Your Ideal Day," which gets you to begin imagining how things could be if you had a magic wand.
- Dwayne Melançon, Genuine Curiosity
From the Author
- "Setting realistic goals does not mean you should understate what you think is possible. Instead, direct your focus toward the experience of completion and give ample attention to the next milestone of achievement. Build a series of bridges as you continually reach toward experiencing more of your Ideal Days."
- "An important aspect is that most sustainable changes people tend to make usually start small, are repeated with consistency, and often result in a payoff greater than anyone could have hoped."
- "There are only 96 15-minute blocks of time in a single day, and there are just 168 hours in a week."
- "Things are the way they are because of the way you think."
- "If you're waiting until you have time to decide what you'll do when you have time, you'll always run behind."
- "Use your mind to create new idea, develop old ones, and prioritize those you're contemplating right now."
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Jason starts with a simple premise, but one that seems to be lacking in a lot of "time management books" and that is you need to identify your role in making your best better by identifying how you work, think and make things happen. Rather than giving you a list of things you must do, Jason provides pointers and guidance but then encourages you to identify and experiment with things that will work for you. I'd recommend keeping pen & paper close at hand whilst working through this book, ideas and exercises pop up at regular intervals and working through them will really make a difference to the way you approach life and work.
After reading this book and experimenting with the ideas Jason develops in this book I have already made some significant improvements in the way I manage by time and activities during the day and I feel I am certainly making my best better.
One more thing...
Email Jason - I was blown away how fast me got back to me when I asked him questions about his writing. A truly amazing individual who cares about his readers!
His background is impressive. I had no idea until I started reading the book that he was a long time staff member of David Allen's Getting Things Done organization.
Once again, I'm a big fan of Jason Womack. I'd recommend his book to anyone.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Jason delivers inspirational and thought provoking material in a great...Read more