Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Your Brand, The Next Media Company: How a Social Business Strategy Enables Better Content, Smarter Marketing, and Deeper Customer Relationships (Que Biz-Tech) Hardcover – October 19, 2013
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
"Your Brand: The Next Media Company belongs on the bookshelf of every CMO." - Jascha Kaykas-Wolff, CMO, Mindjet, @kaykas
"Michael's book makes the case that in order for brands to thrive in this brave new world, brands must become content creators!" - Pete Cashmore, CEO, Mashable, @Mashable
"A must read if you are serious about using social business strategy to transform your brand into a media company!" - Mei Lee, Vice President Digital Marketing, Conde Nast, @HiMeiLee
"This is a great read for anyone who wants to understand and learn how to overcome the challenges of content marketing." - Elisa Steele, CMO Skype, @ElisaSteele
"Michael Brito brilliantly dissects how to achieve social media success through techniques of the Mad Men era manipulated in to the age of Twitter and Facebook. Discover your audience and the power of brand ambassadors, while learning how to successfully manage your online presence and maximize your exposure with quality content." - Kinsey Schofield, TV Personality, Journalist @KinseySchofield
“In the social world, content rules. Michael’s book makes the case that in order for brands to thrive in this brave new world, brands must become media companies.”
–Pete Cashmore, Founder and CEO of Mashable
“Your Brand, The Next Media Company is a great read for anyone who wants to understand and learn how to overcome the challenges of content marketing.”
–Elisa Steele, Chief Marketing Officer, Skype
“An intelligently structured narrative that’s peppered with applicable, pragmatic advice. Your Brand, The Next Media Company belongs on the bookshelf of every CMO.”
–Jascha Kaykas-Wolff, Chief Marketing Officer, Mindjet
“Looking to use social business strategy to build your brand into a thriving media company? Michael Brito’s new book holds the key. For practical, tactical inspiration, read on.”
–Claire Diaz-Ortiz, Social Innovation, Twitter
“A must read if you are serious about using social business strategy to transform your brand into a media company!”
–Mei Lee, Vice President, Digital Marketing, Conde Nast
"In Your Brand, The Next Media Company, Michael Brito puts the content marketing conversation into a necessary and much needed context.”
–Ann Handley, Chief Content Officer, MarketingProfs
“Brito has written a practical and thoroughly engaging book for brands looking to effectively become a media company using a sustainable social business strategy.”
–Amy Kavanaugh, Vice President Public Affairs, Taco Bell (YUM Brands)
From the Author
There is no doubt in mind that you will find value in reading this book. It's not based on theory, assumptions or what I think might work for you. This book is based on my real experience helping companies transform their brands into media companies.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
The book, in my opinion, qualifies academically as a primary reading for MBA level courses. The recommendation is based on the following:
1) The book sets the stage for the growing demand towards brand journalism and the enterprise-wide processes needed to adopt your own media approach to marketing your brand. The focus is on building a trusted brand from a socially driven organization, not the other way around. Most books lay out tips and other tactics on content awareness, social engagement and sales nurturing. When done, they highlight the infrastructure elements to consider in support of their social content marketing recommendations. The flaw in these alternative approaches is that they fail to capitalize on the people and process side of the equation as a way to create superior content and social connection. Brito, on the other hand, emphasizes the importance of brand advocate groups, cross-department collaboration on a brand narrative and enterprise-wide platform tools over the magic of fan engagement tactics or SEO schemes.
2) Listed among the top 20 social media educators in the world, Brito not only understands social media marketing, he is a world renown brand expert and guest speaker for prestigious universities.
3) The book is perfectly organized for a brand struggling to go mainstream with content and social business development. Starting with arguments for adopting in-house media for brand development, the book progresses through the steps required to create an effective social business strategy and center of excellence. Staying on course with social business development, the author then lays out the steps for building a command center leading to infrastructures for brand advocacy and a continuous flow of content creation. This fits in well with MBA courses entering the program with expectations for strategy adoption and organization building. Once the social business framework is established, Brito then goes into concepts for creating great content, developing an effective brand story, and leveraging syndication and social networks for content distribution. The book concludes with tactics for measuring success and governing content.
4) The book is highly current and covers in detail such topics as influence marketing, the convergence of paid, earned and owned media, real-time context marketing and the impact of search and thought leadership on making long vs. short form content decisions.
5) The book is packed with case examples in nearly every chapter from well known and smaller brands.
The book speaks about company’s transitioning into “media companies.” He explains that it is a way for a company to expand their brand. Media is not just a medium where people simply post pictures about their day or what they ate for lunch, it is a platform that allows companies to gain recognition as well as expand their customer base.
I would have never realized that media was capable of such thing, but after considering how many people are involved with it, it all makes sense. Then it raises a question, what about advertising in magazines and billboards? Well those are all effective, but Brito explains that when used properly, not only is media cheap and easy to use, but it can also better enable your brand; it’s advertising, just online.
Brito explains in detail, as if to be speaking to you directly, how to transform your company into a media company. He shares his knowledge and insight about the media world.
I highly recommend this book if you are trying to find ways to gain brand awareness. It is a book that you would refer to constantly. This book is also a good read when it comes to learning about how companies use media to their advantage.
From one millennial to another, I suggest giving this book a read. Brito communicates a detailed explanation of how to properly utilize social media with theories tying to brand awareness, PESO, drafting compelling stories, customer interaction/awareness, and etc. By gaining this extensive knowledge of the social media world, it will guide you into building your own personal brand, establishing "proper" social media presence and overall aid you in the business world.