Your Calf: A Kid's Guide to Raising and Showing Beef and Dairy Calves Paperback – January 12, 1996
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Raising a calf is interesting, fun, and rewarding -- and there's a lot you need to know to do a good job. This book provides easy-to-follow instructions, complete with photographs, drawings, and diagrams, on how to care for your calf in the best possible way.
Your Calf explains:
* How to select your beef or dairy calf
* How to feed, shelter, and fence in your calf
* Ways to keep your calf healthy and content
* What to do it your calf is sick or hurt
* How to handle and transport your calf safely
* Where and how to show your calf
About the Author
Heather Smith Thomas has written extensively on animal health care, authoring thousands of articles and 24 books on the subject. Her books include Storey’s Guide to Raising Beef Cattle, Essential Guide to Calving, Getting Started with Beef & Dairy Cattle, The Cattle Health Handbook, The Horse Conformation Handbook, Storey’s Guide to Raising Horses, Storey’s Guide to Training Horses, and Stable Smarts. She raises cattle and horses on her family ranch in Salmon, Idaho.
- Grade level : 4 - 6
- Item Weight : 14.2 ounces
- Paperback : 192 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0882669478
- ISBN-13 : 978-0882669472
- Dimensions : 7 x 0.5 x 10 inches
- Reading level : 7 - 17 years
- Publisher : Storey Publishing, LLC; 9463rd edition (January 12, 1996)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #286,100 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: