Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on March 22, 2011
LOVED every bit of this book. Since this is a relationship-centric book, it is bound to be compared to the Steve Harveys of the world (hell, I even included a play on it in the title), but the way this one book is difference from many male-perspective relationship books is that this isn't to necessarily tell you how to PLAY the relationship game it pretty much lays out how relationship game for ya. It's like a Mortal Kombat cheat code book. I mean, women ask all the time for the male perspective and Damon (The Champ) and Panama Jackson gives us just that. With the key ingredient of course: humor. I think with any discussion as incendiary as relationship discussions humor is needed. I truly think it is the universal language amongst the sexes. And Damon's fabulous witticisms ("p*nis politician" is the best thing ever, I've convinced) plus Panama's hilarious pop culture references (seriously, it's like a game in and of itself hunting for them! lol) definitely make for a delectable humor feast.

I highly recommend this book if you want a fresh, funny, and fantastic take on men/women from two very smart brothas.
on February 25, 2011
I love this book, it is enjoyable, eye-opening, and FUNNY! There is nothing like a book that will literally make you laugh out loud. Matters of the heart are often challenged and confused by matters of the mind, and it is nice to get an alien perspective of things (I kid).

As funny as this book is, there are real truism discussed. Love is NOT like the movies, and the sooner we move away from that, the sooner we can get to what love is about, which will be different from person to person.

Get the book, it talks about experiences that every person has had, both good and bad.
on June 13, 2016
I ordered this book about 3hrs after discovering their blog via a friends Facebook post. The blog is amazing and this book does not disappoint. I read it in one sitting. Highly enjoyable, insightful and hilarious.
on February 26, 2011
The Champ and Panama are both great writers and offer a fresh and witty look at love, dating, relationships, and what men are really thinking. I've been a fan of their blog for years and was very excited when I found out a book was coming out. I loved the book! I've read many relationship books, but this one stands out for being so well-written, funny, and insightful at the same time. I literally couldn't put this book down.It was also laugh out loud funny (especially the footnotes) and tears were literally coming down.
on September 18, 2012
I saw all of the rave reviews and wondered if I was reading the same book. Many of the insights in this book are just plain common sense, presented in a whimsical manner. I realize that everyonone's tastes are different; however, I thought many of the attempts at humor were dry. It appears to me that the author's plugged in a large amount of rhetoric in each chapter to reach the length required for a book.

In all honesty, it is difficult to give this book a positive rating.
on July 11, 2011
Let me start off by saying, I LOVE THIS BOOK. It was a good read, that had me literally laughing out loud. I now feel like I am an official crime fighter :)

HOWEVER.....if you frequent the VSB blog, you'll feel like you've seen a bit of this stuff before. I am an almost daily reader of the blog, and I couldn't help but think I paid for something that I'd already been reading for free.

It isn't an expensive book though, so if you're looking for something fun to keep your attention, I'd say go for it.
on July 27, 2011
I have to admit I bought the book the day it came out and I am just now writing a review. This is not a book on how to find and keep a man or woman. It is a sharp and witty look at the interaction of people in the dating world.If you are easily offended, it may not be the book for you because delivery is not always "PC" but that is what makes it fun. I highly recommend this book and the website, verysmartbrothas.com! Congrats to the brothas and Liz.
on January 10, 2013
Read it a while back. From what I recall it was extremely stereotypical and written in generalizations... very broad and inaccurate generalizations. I recalled thinking that it was written by smart guys who wanted some easy money and wrote a book with a catchy title ... but had little real content or intelligence
on November 14, 2011
I don't find a lot of things laugh-out-loud funny, but this book was one of the few I read in the past year that I read in a matter of hours and just had me chuckling all the way through. Feminists who are on the look out for fierce gender policing will not like it, just like they probably will have a low tolerance for the blog. But I thought it was hilarious.
on January 4, 2016
I've been reading VSB for years, and this book was true to form. I loved all the witty remarks as well as the book's candor.