- Series: Your First 100 Words In...Series
- Paperback: 80 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education; 1 edition (August 1, 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780844223957
- ISBN-13: 978-0844223957
- ASIN: 0844223956
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.2 x 10.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 55 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #38,737 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Your First 100 Words in Arabic : Beginner's Quick & Easy Guide to Demystifying Non-Roman Scripts 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Puzzles and Tips to Decipher the Script and Learn Your First 100 Words in Arabic
This Beginner's Quick and Easy Guide is specifically designed to help learners overcome one of the major obstacles to learning Arabic: reading the Arabic script. Whether you're learning on your own or in a class, this workbook and the flash cards contained inside will help you learn Arabic in the same effective way that children first learn to decipher their own language.
Features of Your First 100 Words in Arabic:
- The Introduction provides a helpful insight into the Arabic alphabet and shows you how Arabic letters are joined to form words.
- Scriptbreaker Tips help you focus on how to read Arabic.
- A Pronunciation Guide describes the sounds of Arabic.
- Eight Topic Chapters group the words by theme: Around the home • Clothes • Around town • Countryside • Opposites • Animals • Parts of the body • Useful expressions.
- Each of the 100 Words is clearly presented in Arabic script, with its English meaning, pronunciation, and an illustration to aid memorization.
- Tear-out Flash Cards help you recognize the Arabic words and learn their meaning and pronunciation. Instructions explain how to use the flash cards as an effective learning tool.
- Extensive Games and Puzzles-matching exercises, word searches, and memory tests-provide a fun way to test your ability to read, pronounce, and understand the words in each chapter.
- Finally, a Round-Up chapter enables you to review all 100 words presented in the book. Answers to all exercises are included.
This practical activity book not only gives you a great start to learning Arabic with 100 key words but also provides helpful ways to expand your reading vocabulary.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The book comes with sets of cards and tasks to learn vocabulary. It ramps up relatively quickly, building from lesson to lesson.
The material is instantly useful for anyone working in the Arab speaking world.
I give this book my highest recommendation.
I've also found that the Hippocrene series has several excellent Arabic resources too. "Mastering Arabic" by Wightwick and Gaafar, and the companion Arabic-English dictionary and phrasebook are particularly good.
I've yet to find the "perfect" book that combines reading/writing, vocabulary, and grammar all in one useful setting, and Amazon should know...I've bought at least a dozen different books from them in my quest...These 2 give a pretty darn good effort though.