PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One

on December 17, 2014
Larry tells it how it is in this book. In his usual style, there are no hold barred and he just lays it all on the table. What I love about him is that his philosophy is one that is not anything "new", in fact, it is the one that always was before the age of political correctness and a time when parents fear their own children. The bottom line is that children need fences, boundaries and discipline and that all rights come with responsibilities. Larry tells it like it is and I love him for it.
One person found this helpful
on January 27, 2010
I've been a student of self-help for a while and have also written my own book(s). I've been a martial artist since I was 13 and owned a pro martial arts school for 10 years. Why am I telling you this? Because working on yourself makes you a better parent. I would never claim to be the best dad, but let me tell you, reading Larry's book really made me feel like the best dad because I know that when I apply his principles I'll be doing my little ones a favor.

I have applied some of Larry's wisdom already and it just makes sense. As a martial arts school owner for all those years - I learned through experience that some parents end up giving in to their kids too quickly. They choose long term pain because it gets them some short-term gain. The truth is... we parents all suck a times (some more than others) Larry's book will remind you of what you can do to be a parent who raises a good kid and what you can teach your kids. I enjoyed reading it and will now pass it on to my wife.

Mike D.

Motion Before Motivation: The Success Secret That Never Fails
3 people found this helpful
on January 8, 2017
I would recommend this book to all would be parents and those that are already parents. Particularly preteens and teenagers. We have training for everything under the sun but not parenting. That needs to be changed.
One person found this helpful
on May 13, 2014
I love Larry's way of communicating, especially in a world where people seem to want everything truthful powdercoated in sugar and handed to them gently so it doesn't upset thier delicate sensibilities. We need more of this. He is right on the mark with his insights and comments. Can't wait to get my hand on another one of his book!
3 people found this helpful
on April 20, 2018
Purchased as a gift for my son who is a new parent. Been there, done that - Pretty funny from my point of view :)
on October 6, 2017
Pretty good book, I became disinterested when he said teems are gonna have sex so make sure they are prepared instead of teaching them to wait.
on March 26, 2018
Winget tells it like he sees it! Love it!!
on March 1, 2017
I have never read anything Larry Winget has written. He tells it like It is. No sugar coating here.
on October 29, 2017
good read
on April 20, 2010
Here's what I like about Larry Winget's books- many "self help" folks will give you some vague concept, and fail to give your concrete examples of what the enactment of their concept looks like in the real world. Not so with Larry. His advice is common sense, honestly, the things most of us know to do if we just stopped taking shortcuts and started acting responsible.

Being a parent is a huge job, and with common sense, practical examples, and honesty Larry gives great advice on how to be the best parent you can be. My copy of this book is highlighted from one end to the other, and now I have my husband reading it.

Thank you for this great, non-preachy guide to parenting. I am going to give copies to everyone I know.
2 people found this helpful