- File Size: 2295 KB
- Print Length: 162 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: June 19, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B071F7R9KY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #45,741 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$7.99|
Save $5.00 (63%)
Your Move: The Underdog’s Guide to Building Your Business Kindle Edition
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Your Move will be seen as one of the best business books of 2017, and I can say that with some authority as I read one book a day and interview its author, as the host a daily podcast. Why do I like this book so much?
First, this book will kill your procrastination. I learned late in life that the best guru’s give you both help AND HOPE. Because even if you know WHAT to do, but don’t believe it will work—your limiting beliefs are getting in the way—you’ll never take action. I can’t imagine you NOT taking action after reading this book.
When it comes to advice, it isn’t theoretical or only based on the authors lone experience; it’s packed with case studies from his students and other well-known authors like Cal Newport, too. Some of my favorite sections:
* People Pay For Value. I like to say that, “Life is about making an impact not making an income. BUT, the irony is that the more of an impact you make, the higher your income will be.” Sethi explains how value reimbursement works, and how to position what you have to offer into a high value experience.
*Find Your Profitable Idea. This section alone is worth a fortune. How many people WANT to quit their day job, or just want a side hustle but don’t believe they have anything to offer…anything to sell? Sethi gives the dead simple 3-step process that will reveal your area of value. I’m an old dog at this but I’m going to use his “Saturday Morning Question” to rethink some of my future plans.
* Strategic Pricing. There will be a lot of people who will immediately add a zero to the end of their prices or hourly rates after reading this section. Sethi writes that price becomes a trivial issue, “if you are solving a problem that’s important to people AND if you have the credibility so they believe you can solve it.”
* Land Your Dream Mentor. When it comes to landing a high profile super successful mentor Sethi’s advice is profound: Build The Relationship Instead of Asking For It. He explains, with plenty of examples, how many people have done exactly this. Mentors are life changers.
Here’s what I don’t like about the book…or where I think it can be better:
1) Sethi positions this book as being about “mindset” and there is some of that, but this book is an extremely actionable book. I think his “mindset” positioning is off the mark and will cost him readers.
2) This content is for entrepreneurs and wantapreneurs and it delivers. But it would be great to have a bonus chapter or additional examples of how this material could be applied to other areas of your life. I know it can be, it would just be great to address it more explicitly.
This is a fun, fast read. And for those who want or expect even more words/pages from the book, you get free access to tons of online bonus content, much of it in high quality video.
Kevin Kruse -- Host, The LEADx Show
NY Times Bestselling Author
Inc 500 Entrepreneur
I see what you did there.
I really struggled with this rating, because I want it to be as truthful and fair as possible. I believe Ramit is a gifted marketer and a really sharp communicator. I am smart enough to understand that the book is part of his entire "system" of selling his products. I don't have a problem with that at all. The reason why I'm giving the book a 4-star rating is because I felt that I had already read most of the material elsewhere. Like I said, I've been following Ramit for a while, and most if not all) of this book's content had either been included in his emails, web site, etc. Therefore, the value was not there for me.
Also, in terms of the quality of the book, for some reason, it's not up to par with his other materials. This was very surprising to me. The writing is a little sloppy, and the content is developed in an odd, sometimes disjointed, way. And that is a shame. because when you get past those issues, the content is actually good.
In sum, if you've never read any of Ramit's stuff, you're thinking about starting an online business, and you're looking for some light/entertaining read to get your juices flowing without joining an email list, or looking for the material online, this might just fit the bill. But, if you want to get a feel for the author's best work (for free), just go look for his other work online.