Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 91 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 105 reviews
on January 29, 2013
First of all, this is my first experience with a fitness video game. I have nothing to compare it to -- my review is based solely on my experience playing this game.

Things I like:
- Lots of workouts available, from Abs to Zen. (Hee hee!)
- The medals keep things interesting. There are tons of them, and they give you another reason to push harder.
- The daily to-dos (3 a day) are great for people who need more motivation to get moving -- also great for people who like to check off and complete a list.
- The online community makes it possible to see friends' scores and beat them (which you are occasionally rewarded for).
- A diverse selection of activities that keeps you coming back for more!

Things I dislike (or don't care about):
- Dancing. If I want to dance, I'll dance to music without a game. I am not coordinated enough to follow many of the moves. Also, not a fan of the music selection. But this is my problem...hardly a reason to knock a star off the review.
- The fitness levels on this game are far too uneven. It should take more effort to level up. I'm already a Level 3, and I've only worked out for a couple of weeks.
- The scoring is messed up sometimes. One of my to-dos yesterday was "Get 90% in any Cardio workout -- I had to redo the same workouts for at least 2 hours just to get that 90% to-do completed.

Overall, I love this game. There are a few things I don't understand, but I would definitely recommend this game to someone looking to enter the video game fitness world =^-*=!
on November 29, 2015
For the $10 they are currently charging for this item, it is totally worth it. I feel like I got my money's worth after just a couple of days. It's not perfect, especially the lack of screen mirroring onto the game pad. The accurate scoring isn't a huge priority for me, but from what I can tell doing things quickly tends to net you a better score than smoother motions. Pick whatever is more important to you I guess.

As for the routines, this will give you a better workout than Wii Fit U. I love the Fit games, but the pace of trying to do a workout is so slow. Your Shape goes through routines at the pace you want, which is quickly with a few breaks mixed in.
on August 13, 2015
I really wanted to like this. I actually prefer the Your Shape for the original wii as it was easy to just put in a length of time for working out and go about it. With this, you have about 10-15 min workouts, so you are constantly changing workouts to get to the length of time that you want. Honestly, I don't like having to search through many workouts to find one. It would be nice if you could pick out a bunch and then combine them all without having to stop all the time.
on August 9, 2017
Got it for the kids (and husband, lol) to encourage workouts on 100+ degree weather days. They fight over the remotes (we only have 2 and according to the kids, 1 doesn't work right).
You DO NOT NEED ANY EXTRA EQUIPMENT, one of the reasons for this game. The only thing you need is the game(duhh), a WIIU(double duhhhhhh), and the hand held, regular WII remotes. That's it!
This game it completely worth the money!
on May 3, 2014
I would give this 5 stars, but I used to have the Yourshape for X-Box and was disappointed at the differences between that one and this. The workouts are all solid and challenging. You can design your own program, which is great for getting back into a regular routine. I also like the fact that you can use rewards to shop for new workouts. I don't like the fact that you can't choose the gender of the instructor, and the program is somewhat sexist in how it assigns them. Guys get more traditionally difficult workouts like kick boxing and total body workouts, while women are assigned dance and yoga based workouts.
on February 19, 2016
As other reviewers mentioned, this game is really awful at reading some body movements. There are a few where I can be doing the exercise exactly as shown and it won't read that I'm doing it at all. Luckily my body still knows it's getting a workout, but it is kinda disappointing to see a 0 or 20% when you know you were doing fine, particularly as some of the daily goals are to reach 90% in a specific workout. Once I imitated the avatar exactly and it wasn't until I gave up and did a more basic movement that it suddenly started recording me as doing it right, so I guess the avatar was incorrect? Still, if you do the exercises, you will definitely get a workout. I would not have bought this based on other reviews but it was on sale for 13 bucks, so no loss!
on February 23, 2016
The Yoga and Zen exercises are perfect after a long, stressful day at work. The breathing exercises allow me for calm down my anxiety and panic bouts as well as manage my stress and high blood pressure. Great product, thank you!
on March 2, 2015
This game offers an intense workout experience. This game has a variety of different types of workouts, including muscle training, Yoga (Zen) training, and Aerobic workouts. Plus it allows oyu to setup your own type of 'programs' depending on what you want to get out of the game OR you can follow one of the available programs available. As a bonus, it has a recipe helper to further help you live healthier.

The problem is that this game has a terrible scoring measure. I'm not sure exaclty what the game is expecting, but half the time (it seems) the game scores high or low regardless of whats actually going on.

If you ignore the scoring, this is a great tool to get in shape. YOUR shape that is.... wakka wakka wakka
on July 5, 2015
My wife was totally lacking coordination when she purchased this for Wii U. She followed the instructions and was doing everything that was taught on it. It has low impact aerobics and harder aerobics. The meditation looked like it wouldn't work, but when you do it, it really loosens up your neck, shoulders and upper back muscles. I tried it and it takes a bit of practice but it helps relax those areas greatly. Don't give up on the meditation. It's new to you, so it takes some practice.
on February 22, 2017
I'm addicting to this game I love it so much I Foyt don't have the time to go to the gym and work out I recommend this it also has recipes as well.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.