Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
on April 16, 2015
A fantastic book the integrates the best of the Eastern + Western Enlightenment teachings from various traditions, while pointing out the pros and cons of both views.

That is part of the book, which reads as very in depth academic yet humanist and heartfelt living teaching that is long overdue.

The book several hundred pages which excellent content, all "unique" and useful rather, the end of the book has extensive notations which are useful for those wishing to find similar material or look up references.

Marc Gafni is friends with Ken Wilbur and this book also integrates ideas from the Integral movement, but builds on those ideas with his own.

A truly innovative and one of a kind book. Look up Marc Gafni on youtube, there are some excellent free videos that may help you decide if these teachings are your style.
on September 28, 2016
I've been working with the concepts in this book for over a year, situating myself within each one. The depth of insight is dramatic and highly applicable. There is a particular structure laid out that you can use to assess where you are in your development and how you may be stuck. It has become an important pillar along with my yoga and other embodiment practices. The value in any process or approach is if you gain insight and actual change in your life as a result of application. I have. Beyond reading it several times cover-to-cover, on any given day I simply open the book and begin to read. Adopting and integrating the concepts is a practice, a process, a path ... as true personal growth is.
on March 3, 2014
I absolutely love this book! Marc Gafni has written a book for anyone who is in seeker mode and has found dissatisfaction in most of the paths explored. They are all good up to a point but somehow lacking in fulfillment. Marc Gafni puts them all together and comes up with a "unique" perspective on the blending of East and West that is very satisfying
on April 22, 2015
Amazing read! A NEW, insightful and very in depth read and discussion of deep concepts of enlightenment and self-actaulyzing and the truth about who we are and why we're here!
on October 19, 2012
Rabbi Marc Gafni is a friend and mentor. I highly recommend all spiritual seekers to dive into all of Marc's work.

After reading Your Unique Self, I can truly understand why Gafni is known as a trail-blazing visionary. He is that rare blend of depth, brilliance and heart. Your Unique Self (like his other brilliant books) reveals depths of Jewish mystical and Kabbala teachings which even a Frum Jew can appreciate.

I have found Your Unique Self life changing and deeply moving as Gafni himself. I recommend the book strongly for all seeking more depths, and more spirituality. Torah Stories, Hasidic Stories, have new meaning after Marc's "unpacking".

Reading the book has been a very extraordinary experience. What simply blew me away was the simplicity with which those depths of spiritual quests are revealed. Today, I find both my mind and heart much more open and welcoming. I have a total new appreciation for MY "Unique Self" - and oy am I Unique... Like the Purple Barney sings in his "you are special" song.

The discussions in the book go beyond the ego and removes much of the confusion in our minds about relation between the personal and absolute love of GOD.

Sink in the depth of Marc Gafni's teachings and take a glimpse in this spiritual world. You will feel like a free bird, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually. This is certainly one of the most provocative and brilliant books I have learned.
on August 21, 2013
No therapy could ever attain for an individual what this book does. Take the journey from ego to Unique Self.
on May 5, 2014
This book is a game-changer. It reconciles Eastern and Western modes of spiritual practice, philosophy and personal development, and provides a handbook for living a truly awakened and joyous life. Read it, and feel you heart and mind open, expand, fill and overflow with love, discernment, joy and true personal power. I recommend this book with my whole being.
on October 6, 2014
This is a book I will continue to digest on my journey for the rest of my life.
on September 23, 2013
This book is really lifechanging, unique, you are taken by hand to the revelation of life. This book is about our perception of who we really are. It is a holy book in a new way.
on January 23, 2013
Marc Gafni is the essence of love; this book is about love....our unique expression of this divine love is the awakening of our unique gift to the world. And,what gives deep, profound meaning to living life with each other. He guides us to a great vision, along with visionary Ken Wilber, how the unique expressions of collective emerged soul's can boldly co-create a more light and love filled world.