- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Verso; Revised and Expanded Edition edition (August 17, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1844671429
- ISBN-13: 978-1844671427
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.8 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#406,124 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #287 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Specific Demographics > Hispanic American Studies
- #314 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Political Advocacy
- #622 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Social Activists
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Youth, Identity, Power: The Chicano Movement Revised and Expanded Edition Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
“The first major book on the Chicano movement by one of its leaders, who is also a first-rate scholar. Youth, Identity, Power is certain to be a benchmark for all future work on the subject. An important ... contribution to the history of the 1960s, it ... should be required reading.”—Clayborne Carson
“A very important and powerful book, documenting American history ... without question, one of the lodestones in reference to the ‘movimiento.’”—Luis Valdez
“An essential record of the Chicano movement and an important addition to the history of American social protest.”—San Francisco Chronicle
From the Back Cover
Named an Outstanding Book on Human Rights for 1990 by the Gustavus Myers Center