- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 4 hours and 51 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Gildan Media, LLC
- Audible.com Release Date: June 27, 2013
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00DJDB3AG
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Youtility: Why Smart Marketing Is About Help Not Hype Audiobook – Unabridged
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Industrial owners and marketers instinctively understand the power is shifting from sales hype to something quite different on the web. Jay’s book does a great job of exploring inbound marketing and why the industrial marketer must pay attention to this book & create helpful content to generate leads from his digital marketing efforts. Although there are no specific examples an industrial marketer can relate to in Youtility, Baer gives a diverse set of examples that could be easily extended to the industrial market.
Jay’s concepts can have even more dramatic results for the industrial marketer because of the low content saturation rate for such products as “Limitorque linear actuator repair” or “custom hydraulic manifolds”...etc,etc.
Want to get a leg up your competitors, who probably have not even heard of inbound marketing? Get Jay’s book and change your mindset about industrial sales & marketing.
From "Tom Repp" at [...]
What keeps this book from being number one on the list is the scope of its contribution to an entire MBA curriculum. The book was likely aimed at practitioners needing interpretations of how consumers work in the world of SoLoMo (social, local, mobile) context marketing.
The book, in my opinion, qualifies academically as a supplementary reading for undergraduate and MBA level courses. The recommendation is based on the following:
1) As one of the most knowledgeable and current experts in the field of social content marketing, Jay builds a convincing argument that success in a social era is more about being “useful” than being “amazing.”
2) His friend-of-mine approach to marketing is backed by numerous large and small brand examples of apps that help us in real-time decision making. The spread of examples applied to his concept of “Youtility” build a case for “sideways marketing” (widening the funnel by solving related problems without being opportunistic) that challenges typical sales funnel approaches to content marketing.
3) This fresh approach to real-time problem solving is now being widely adopted but not well understood or convincing prior to Jay’s book release. Youtility demonstrates very well how branded content used in decision making apps offer the best hope for audience connection while widening the funnel in the process.
4) Jay uses real life experiences in his travel life to explain many points. The apps used to demonstrate his “Youtility” concept (e.g., Charmin’s Sit or Squat, Clorox’s My Stain, Hilton Suggest, etc.) are well known but previously underestimated as a powerful marketing tool.
5) Jay’s fun loving personality and fascinating life stories keep your interest cover to cover.