- Hardcover: 240 pages
- Publisher: Portfolio; Edition Unstated edition (June 27, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1591846668
- ISBN-13: 978-1591846666
- Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 0.8 x 8.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 159 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #86,955 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Youtility: Why Smart Marketing Is about Help Not Hype Hardcover – June 27, 2013
$0.81 extra savings coupon applied at checkout.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
See the Best Books of the Month
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the month in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Baer soundly, effectively and skillfully proves that gratitude and good will are powerful incentives to lure new customers and keep them coming back."
"Trust us, this is interesting stuff, written via personal account, case studies, and other expert opinions in a way that's logical and inspiring."
"Youtility is a true masterpiece. This is a book worth checking out by all business owners and marketers."
"Youtility, the New York Times best seller by Jay Baer is one of the best business books I've ever seen on the dynamics between service and marketing. The information will change the way you think about marketing forever."
"Two of my favorite business books of all time are Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People, and Al Ries and Jack Trout's Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind. A third may be joining them, which is Jay Baer's Youtility."
About the Author
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What keeps this book from being number one on the list is the scope of its contribution to an entire MBA curriculum. The book was likely aimed at practitioners needing interpretations of how consumers work in the world of SoLoMo (social, local, mobile) context marketing.
The book, in my opinion, qualifies academically as a supplementary reading for undergraduate and MBA level courses. The recommendation is based on the following:
1) As one of the most knowledgeable and current experts in the field of social content marketing, Jay builds a convincing argument that success in a social era is more about being “useful” than being “amazing.”
2) His friend-of-mine approach to marketing is backed by numerous large and small brand examples of apps that help us in real-time decision making. The spread of examples applied to his concept of “Youtility” build a case for “sideways marketing” (widening the funnel by solving related problems without being opportunistic) that challenges typical sales funnel approaches to content marketing.
3) This fresh approach to real-time problem solving is now being widely adopted but not well understood or convincing prior to Jay’s book release. Youtility demonstrates very well how branded content used in decision making apps offer the best hope for audience connection while widening the funnel in the process.
4) Jay uses real life experiences in his travel life to explain many points. The apps used to demonstrate his “Youtility” concept (e.g., Charmin’s Sit or Squat, Clorox’s My Stain, Hilton Suggest, etc.) are well known but previously underestimated as a powerful marketing tool.
5) Jay’s fun loving personality and fascinating life stories keep your interest cover to cover.
If you want to understand how to listen effectively and work with what you've learned to grow your business, get this book.