Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.55 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Youtility: Why Smart Marketing Is about Help Not Hype Hardcover – June 27, 2013
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Baer soundly, effectively and skillfully proves that gratitude and good will are powerful incentives to lure new customers and keep them coming back."
"Trust us, this is interesting stuff, written via personal account, case studies, and other expert opinions in a way that's logical and inspiring."
"Youtility is a true masterpiece. This is a book worth checking out by all business owners and marketers."
"Youtility, the New York Times best seller by Jay Baer is one of the best business books I've ever seen on the dynamics between service and marketing. The information will change the way you think about marketing forever."
"Two of my favorite business books of all time are Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People, and Al Ries and Jack Trout's Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind. A third may be joining them, which is Jay Baer's Youtility."
“In today’s always-on, hyper-saturated marketplace, product messages no longer break through like they used to. Providing helpful information to customers does. In this important book, Baer calls the art of being deeply valued by your customers Youtility. I call it smart.”
—DAVID MEERMAN SCOTT bestselling author of The New Rules of Marketing and PR
“What does it actually mean to create ‘engaging’ content? This book delivers both a broader vision and a specific road map to creating content your customers will thank you for.”
—ANN HANDLEY chief content officer, MarketingProfs and coauthor of Content Rules
“Useful is the stuff you reach for when you really have a need—this book is the encyclopedia of useful!”
—JOHN JANTSCH author of Duct Tape Marketing and The Referral Engine
About the Author
Top customer reviews
What keeps this book from being number one on the list is the scope of its contribution to an entire MBA curriculum. The book was likely aimed at practitioners needing interpretations of how consumers work in the world of SoLoMo (social, local, mobile) context marketing.
The book, in my opinion, qualifies academically as a supplementary reading for undergraduate and MBA level courses. The recommendation is based on the following:
1) As one of the most knowledgeable and current experts in the field of social content marketing, Jay builds a convincing argument that success in a social era is more about being “useful” than being “amazing.”
2) His friend-of-mine approach to marketing is backed by numerous large and small brand examples of apps that help us in real-time decision making. The spread of examples applied to his concept of “Youtility” build a case for “sideways marketing” (widening the funnel by solving related problems without being opportunistic) that challenges typical sales funnel approaches to content marketing.
3) This fresh approach to real-time problem solving is now being widely adopted but not well understood or convincing prior to Jay’s book release. Youtility demonstrates very well how branded content used in decision making apps offer the best hope for audience connection while widening the funnel in the process.
4) Jay uses real life experiences in his travel life to explain many points. The apps used to demonstrate his “Youtility” concept (e.g., Charmin’s Sit or Squat, Clorox’s My Stain, Hilton Suggest, etc.) are well known but previously underestimated as a powerful marketing tool.
5) Jay’s fun loving personality and fascinating life stories keep your interest cover to cover.