Yu-Gi-Oh! - The Movie
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Challenges:Yu-Gi-Oh Monster Challenge: Memory Game
Music Video:2 music videos from the YuGiOh! The Movie Soundtrack
- Monster challenge
- Two music videos
- Theatrical trailer
Top Customer Reviews
1) A girl starts crying at the end of the movie because it was over and she didn't want it to be.
2) The promo cards given away at the movies caused multiple fights over them. (This actually did happen when I saw the movie.)
Anyways, this is definitely the best anime movie that I have ever seen. After viewing the abysmal "Enter the Shadow Realm" series, I was doubting whether the movie would be good... but believe me, it was.
Yugi and his friends face their greatest challenge when their arch-rival Seto Kaiba obtains powerful cards from the now retired Maximillion Pegasus. More is at stake this time than a monster card championship, or even the rescue of Yugi's amateur-Egyptologist grandfather. Kaiba's challenge coincides with the discovery of the tomb of Anubis by a team of Egyptian archaeologists. The jackal-headed god is portrayed as an evil sorcerer whom the Pharaoh Yami defeated 5,000 years ago. The resurrected wizard uses Kaiba as a pawn in his plan to destroy the world, with everything hinging on the card game between Yugi and Kaiba. The plot is just one good thing about the movie, though.
Yugi and Joey really develop their friendship throughout Yugi's duel with Kaiba. Also, the action is just plain awesome.
Overall, any fan of the series will love this movie. A definite infinity/100.
P.S. My favorite quote in the movie comes from Seto Kaiba: "Let me get this straight. You're going to defeat me with a creampuff and an elf?" Kaiba does it again- makes you laugh your ass off.
I definitely recommend buying this movie. I'll admit right off that this is not the most interesting plot line. To agree with an earlier review, the movie's like a giant duel.
However, what it lacks in action it makes up for in comedy. When I first saw the movie, i went with 3 other girls and we had the theatre to ourselves: and we were laughing the whole time.
It's a must see for anyone who likes Yu-Gi-Oh.
The duels are kind of yawners, but there are some great lines, especially in the scenes with Kaiba and Pegasus.
If your not all that interested in the laughs, though, maybe you should just consider renting.
"Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Movie" is a bit puzzling. I'm not quite sure if I like it or not, b/c it has a few errors and/or mistakes that I did not like at all. Plus I just plain didn't enjoy some parts of the movie.
1) The sequence that showed Yugi completely the Puzzle is incorrect, according to the original idea. Yugi did not have all the pieces to the Puzzle, discovering this only after he had assembled the rest of the pieces and realizing that one was missing. His grandfather then presented him with the missing piece, explaining that a boy (Joey, as he as known in the American verison) returned it. Yugi then figures out that Joey stole it from him earlier on in the day (Joey actually threw the puzzle piece into the lake) but luckily returned it.
2) Well, I don't know if I can complain about this, but the dueling was a mess by itself, for the rules and directions of the cards were broken. However, we all know that they always make sure that Yugi wins/surivives/lives.
Things I Really Didn't Like:
1) The whole movie seemed like a hour-long duel. That might be pleasing to some people, but I usually like the stories that have dueling set aside.
2) They still managed to give Tea a nice long friendship speech. 'Nuff said.
However, the movie did manage to pack in a few lines that I did laugh at. They actually showed a bit more violence and blood. (Some people find that remark surprising b/c they say either YGO has enough violence or I should encourage violence. I do not encourage that practice, thank you very much.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A little dull, but fans of the series will enjoy the keen , family friendly humor and particularly Dan Green's always memorable performance as Yugi Moto. Read morePublished 25 days ago by Amazon Customer
Item arrived a day late due to the rain in Houston. Product is great and complete.Published 3 months ago by Andy Skelton
Such a bizarre movie, does not follow the manga story line at all, but if you're a fan of yu-gi-oh like i am, you'll love it regardless.Published 5 months ago by Moondust Jewels
I am a very big fan of the original Yu-Gi-Oh and have to say this is a great movie. It was a great price too!Published 5 months ago by zmikeranger
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Anime & Manga
- Movies & TV > Music Artists
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Drama
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Television
- Movies & TV > TV