Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(3 star). See all 187 reviews
on June 14, 2017
Book was in brand new condition with cute pictures and easy recipes
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 12, 2014
I read this book somewhere else before I bought it here, so I liked it a lot. I was looking for recipes for my 1.5-year-old, so it is not very handy for now, but I'm sure it will be in a few years!
on September 15, 2014
This book was mostly how to mold rice and Asian food for kids lunches. I prefer the other books that I have bought for kids lunches.
on March 11, 2012
I have to admit that I was REALLY excited and looking forward to receive this book after reading so many good review on it. But I was a little disappointed after I received it.

I appreciate the auothers for doing a great job in introducing what needed to decorate a cute bento, sharing their ideas of how to make adorable animals bento etc.

However, if this book could have more pictures and show exactly step-by-step picture on HOW to make a bento, that would be really great. The big picture on the left page show the cute bento upon completion; however, the right page - especially right bottom have lots of empty space, if step-by-step pictures could be shown, that would really be of great help to a 'visual' person like myself.

In the end, I bought another book: - I find that more useful.
22 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 6, 2015
Just how to make the designs. No recipes.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 21, 2010
Cute book with nice illustrations. The writers are very talented for sure. The problem I have with this book is that it doesn't give you many lunch ideas. It is basically rice balls, cheese and bread in different colors and shapes. Not a lot of variety on the food front. Just make rice balls with different colors. Save yourself the money.
44 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 25, 2012
This book contains a lot of shaping, molding ideas for kids lunch box. When I received it, I was very exciting to make some cute lunch box for my 3-year-old, she loves this book by just reading as a picture book by the way.

But when I read through it, I found out it is not practical for me.

1. the writer use a lot of processed deli meat and processed cheese for decorating, which are something I'm trying so hard to avoid feed to my daughter, regard to the high sodium contains and other artificial ingredient.

2. You have to by a lot of special tools to achieve the result. My kitchen is stuffed, no room for the punchers, stamps etc.

3.In order to lay out as the book shows, the whole lunch box have to be neatly organized. If you left any spare space, those cute characters will fall apart during transporting. We use a thermo bento jar, which comes with 3 containers. It is not possible for a 3 year old to eat that much in a single lunch.

4. My daughter is not a picky eater. She eats everything I offer as long as that is home cooked meal. It might work on picky eater. But for me, just felt doesn't worth to spend time on shaping lunch box.

over all, it is a cute book, but not practical for me.