Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Yun: The Illustrated Story of the Heavenly Man
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

93%
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 30, 2011
I've read this 2 or 3 times, and purchased additional copies and gave away.
It's good to consider when tempted to complain about whatever hardship you may be going through in life. Somebody out there in the world has had it tougher. I am inspired by Brother Yun's faithfulness to God under very harsh circumstances.

Revelation 2:10 (KJV)
10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

I would like to recommend also the more detailed account in "The Heavenly Man" by Paul Hattaway.
Another book some may like to read: "Tortured For Christ" by Richard Wurmbrand.
on April 2, 2009
My pastor recommended the book but I am a comic book fan so I opted for the graphic novel version. It's an amazing story of God's power and Boother Yun's commitment to honor the Lord regardless of his circumstances. I passed the book to my mother after I was done and she's now passed it on to a friend. This is truly an inspiring testimony of faithfulness and God's provision.
on March 27, 2014
This is an incredible, convicting story. If you've read The Heavenly Man, this is a short, extremely fast-paced version laid out in comic book style. Some of the imagery and details are a little harsh for younger audiences. I have a four year old and it will probably be quite awhile before we go through it together. If you're purchasing it for kids, make sure they're older and you read it together. There are a few stories that may need a little explaining.
on August 22, 2008
This book is great for a graphic novel, but it's not the best way to learn the whole story. After reading this, I am definitely going to read the full book so that I can get all the details.
on March 29, 2015
The paperback is great but the illustrated version portrays the emotions and is a quick read. Brother Yun is a great challenge to the worldwide Christian community. I would recommend both books. The illustrated version is great for younger readers as well and is faithful to the original with the many Scripture references and miracles.
on June 19, 2014
The Heavenly man changed my life so I bought this for my 8 yr old and some things were a little graphic BUT we discussed them and she choose to be Brother Yun at her public school's alternative for Halloween it so impacted her as well.
on July 21, 2012
When I consider the sufferings that Yun endured, I am encouraged in my faith for Jesus. This was an incredible story that reminds me every day to persevere no matter what. My children read it over and over too.
on May 11, 2008
This novel is a great introduction to persecutions that many fundamentalist Christian Chinese people have faced. Appropriate for adolescents and adults alike. Packed full of faith, excitement, and adventure--worth purchasing and sharing with others.
on November 6, 2015
This illustrated book contained all the main points of the full length book, in a riveting format that gives it great impact. I'll be buying more to give away.
on December 27, 2014
Great Story in the normal book. This cartoon version is Really Great, and would make you want to read the book or the audio!!!