Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter Drone RTF in Aluminum Case with CGO3 Camera...
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Batteries, 2 Sets of Propellers, Steadygrip, AL Case
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter with CGO3-GB Camera from Yuneec comes factory-assembled and that a pre-bound transmitter/ground station unit is included. More than just an RC multi-rotor, the Q500 4K Typhoon is designed for APV aerial photography and video.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I read reviews for months, watched about a hundred YouTube videos, and put my money down here. I am a photographer and I will tell you why for me this is the right choice, and maybe not the same choice for you. I am no fanboy- I could have gone with the Phantom 3 just as easy if it met my needs.
1. This is a complete package, and it's put together well as a package. The included case beautiful. Two included batteries, big selling point. Two sets of rotors nice touch. The transmitter which already has the tablet like screen built in, major difference between the Phantom. I have an iPad so I could have easily gone Phantom. The included steady-cam grip, how cool is that! And it all packs up in that case. Sure the interior is styrofoam so what. I must have received the newest model as my styrofoam inner was grey, not white like I have seen previously, and also mine came with two BLACK batteries not white as shown in photos. Very nice package.
2. I could have had this out of the box and charged and been flying in an hour. But I took my time and went through everything before even thinking about it. Again this is no toy. Charged the transmitter and battery, installed battery, and calibrated the gimbal and compass. Installed the SanDisk 64GB Extreme card I purchased to go with it. Checked all the settings- camera was defaulted to record 1080p which is fine- I don't have anything to watch 4K video on anyway.
3. Up and flying literally within 5 minutes of going outside and powering on. Even in a 5mph wind and my first time flying (in the turtle mode), was up in the air. Easy and I mean easy to fly and rock solid stable hover even in wind. Took it up to 300 feet and just flew around shooting video to see how it performs. Landing rock stable very easy to fly.
4. Put the memory card into the Mac, the video is absolutely beautiful and crisp. It's actually stunning how good it looks. Pictures came out equally sharp.
So again what will you use this for? For me I will use this at relatively close range to shoot events and couples. For me, the adjustability of the speed is a plus. I want it to move in predictable ways and I'm not looking to run races with it. It is quiet, large, and easy to get the kinds of shots I will take with it. The other features such as look at me and follow me are great, just not what I purchased this for. You shouldn't be flying drones like this out of sight range anyway- so for people that want to bag on the wifi connectivity of the FPV screen for "only" going so many feet, you are likely the people I see in all of these Phantom videos going into the water or running into a tree. I don't need automated way-point flights where I can no longer see the bird in the air. I want to fly this myself and not rely on automation. Not once did my signal drop off or did I lose connectivity, didn't have an app crash, or have to purchase a new phone or iPad to make this work.
Dollar for dollar- this package for my needs wins hands down. I have not had to use Yuneec customer service yet so I can't chime in on the Yuneec vs DJI service comparison. I can say I did explore the parts available to repair the Q500 myself something you can't easily do with a Phantom, and replacement parts for the Q500 are very inexpensive and readily available.
Very happy with this purchase, and amazing how much fun this was to fly!
* 1/13/2016 Update: When putting back in the case after my second flight, noticed a smudge on the camera filter. Took off the filter and tried to clean with a Nikon lens wipe- would not come clean, must be something in the coating of the lens. Emailed Yuneec customer service, got a personal reply back within 24 hours and they UPS me new part on the way. Very satisfied with the service, love the quadcopter.
Also purchased this and makes all the difference flying at night in the dark:
Safety Bike Light Set by Classic Glow - LED Bicycle Lights - Durable Aluminum LED Lights - Features 2 Front & 2 Rear Ultrabright Lights - Fits Bikes, Bicycle Helmets & Backpacks - Easy Installation
LED bike lights that I mounted on the quadcopter legs, with the white lights facing forward and the red rear. This way I can set the front lights to be solid on, and the rear lights to flash so that when I fly at night I know orientation wise what direction the drone is facing when it is up in the air. Works great and looks amazing- like you have searchlights mounted on the front- and with the lights mounted on the legs still fits in the factory case with the lights mounted, very cool.