BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 22, 2012
In the continuation of the Scanguards Vampires Series we delve into Yvette's life, in a way, by following her on an assignment. Okay, I would love nothing more than to narrate everything I loved about this book, but I am not giving anything away. You'll have to read for yourself and find your own favorites. Within the first chapter I was addicted and had to find out what happened next. Tina's books have a way of engrossing the reader in the story and you can't help but want to see what happens next. Drawing the reader into the lives of the characters from the very first book and continuing with their lives as well as the lives of additional characters makes this series so wonderful. I love how with the introduction of a new character we continue the lives of the previous characters. For instance, in this book we see how well Samson and Delilah, from the first book in the series, are doing as well as Amaury and Gabriel, I'm not giving anything away you'll have to find out for yourselves. It's nice to see the progression of their lives as well.

Yvette's Haven has passionate scenes along with violent scenes and laugh out loud funny scenes, you just can't help but laugh at Zane comments. I gave this book the highest rating because I found the writing to be easy to follow drawing me in and wanting to finish this book in one night. Although I didn't get any sleep when I read this book I was satisfied with how the characters turned out and how the story progressed. Like a roller coaster ride with the various ups and downs and twists and turns I didn't want this book to end:)
on May 24, 2017
Every story is different. After Maya's story, we really got a look into Yvette's story so it was nice to get her book next.

Yvette loves being a vampire, as she felt inadequate being a human woman. So having a vampire body she feels works for her. But when she meets Haven the witch she finds that life wishes sometimes are the same sometimes for a vampire as they are for a human.
on January 10, 2012
I understand some reviews are complaining about how Yvette's story doesn't compare to the previous books and they are right it doesn't. However that doesnt make it any less worthy, i think the difference is refreshing!
I like the fact that Yvette and Haven don't instantly fall in love and go at it in the first chapters, don't get me wrong there is a lot of yummy hot sexual tension between them building up and that just makes you leaving wanting more, making their first time together that much steamier and sexy. You do get to see another part of Yvette, and like in most PNR books the most guarded, tough characters are usually very hesitant about opening up to people due to a hurtful experienced in their past, she is softer and vulnerable while still trying to keep a tough exterior. There is a lot more of a back plot with action, although predictable,it keeps you wanting to read to find out how it will end. If you are unsure whether or not you might like it, give it a try it's a very good read!
on July 25, 2015
I really liked this book. It is a bit of a departure from the first three b/c the title character is the lone female vampire bodyguard. Her backstory is really interesting and provides her with depth and complexity -- while also explaining her current personality within the Scanguard crew. I also like the way this story weaves in some of the other more minor characters we've met in other books and allows them to move the plot in some interesting directions. Battles between Humans, Vamps, and Witches make this book a compelling addition to the series.
on January 22, 2012
If you are a fan of sexy Vampire stories I would recommend the Scanguard series. This is the fourth book in the series and like many of Ms. Folsom's books it will keep you hooked from page one. This is Yvette's story. In previous books we meet Yvette and she has always seemed kind of cold, showing little emotion. All this changes in this book as we get to meet Yvette on a deeper level. Not to spoil it for all of you, lets just say she meets her match in an incredibly sexy package in the form of Haven. Haven is a Vampire Hunter who despises all things vampire and wants them all dead, truly dead. You can only imagine the kind of sparks that fly when Yvette (vamp) meets Haven (vamp hunter). They are instantly attracted to each other despite they being enemies. :)
I think Ms. Folsom really has a knack for bringing to life characters that we will all care about and root for. So if you are looking for a juicy, action packed vampire book look no further. Happy Reading.
on November 13, 2013
I was so happy that Yvette finally found love and in a very strange place might I add

Carrying pain and hurt from her human Yvette was scared to open her heart to anyone.

Haven being fueled by hate for the last 22yrs thought love was out of his reach.

First they fought each other and were enemies and then they fought with each other and were allies. Who would have guested.

This book was full if pain and betrayal. Bitterness and hatred. But in the end live conquers all. Can't wait for the next book
on June 20, 2011
I came across the 1st book in this series by accident & Im sooooo glad I did. These books keep getting better as the series goes on (although I thought Gabriels was a little odd, I still enjoyed it) and this one was no exception. At first I wasnt sure I was gonna get this one because up until now Yvette was NOT my favorite charater, but I fell in love with her in this book. This is my favorite of the series so far & I cant wait for the next one. Im pretty sure it will be Zanes book, that should be interesting. a side note, I love the fact that we get to see what the leads in the previous books are up too. They dont just disappear
on January 26, 2017
Usually by the time I get to the fourth or fifth book in a series it starts to get monotonous and boring or the storyline is a stretch or the hero and heroine just becomes and extension of those in the previous books. So far that is not true of this series. Each character has been unique and interesting with their own issues and history. I'm not disappointed at all in these stories and hold out the hope that the author still has more uniqueness in each one. I am hooked. Just keep buying them One after the other.
on September 13, 2016
I've read the other 3 books and purchased #5. This one I found less enjoyable than the others. The relationship showed little emotional growth , all sexual growth. But a nice twist at the end.
on August 24, 2013
I swear all of the books in this series are addicting! I'm not sure what it is about them that makes it very difficulty to put them down. I love that all of the books are one big storyline and that you get to learn about each character individually then how they all fit together in the group. The writing is very detailed and you actually feel like you know the characters personally. The love interests are always interesting and Haven did not disappoint. I love him! The fact that the story isn't all sex and romance (although I absolutely love the sex and romance) is what makes it so much more. The action is perfect and well balanced. I also absolutely love that the story is told from several different points of view. I think that after reading this series it is going to be very difficulty to go back to reading one sided books. I want to know what everyone is thinking and the writer allows you to do that in every book. In this book we learn about Yvette, the only female bodyguard in Scanguards. Her "issue" endears her to the reader and you want her to win. Haven proved to be just what she needed. Bottom line buy the book! It was good.