4-Year Home Security Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Z-wave Plus Motion Detector, Easy to install with PET Immunity, White (PIRZWAVE2.5-ECO)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- MOTION DETECTION: Premium components provides accurate and instant motion detection in both Automation mode and Security mode.
- NO FALSE ALARMS: Overcomes potential interference of pets as large as 55 lbs, saving nuisance false alarms.
- SIMPLE INSTALATION: Easy installs with included flush mount and corner mount wall brackets and begins to learn as soon as batteries power it up. It works with most brands of Z-wave and Z-wave plus home security hubs.
- BATTERY LIFE: Five Year battery Life and discrete design keep it out of sight and out of mind when not on alert.
- ECOLINK: Ecolink is a leading developer of low power, highly reliable wireless solutions, including a wide range of intelligent wireless security, sensing and home automation devices
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Pet Immunity Motion Detector Sensor (PIR-ZWAVE2.5-ECO)
Help secure your home with this easy-to-install Sensor
This Ecolink Pet Immunity Motion Detector is a Z-Wave Plus enabled device designed to smoothly integrate into a Z-Wave Plus home automation network. It will detect motion and will alert your system of any intrusion immediately. It is immune to movement of pets as large as 55 lbs.
Dual Mode: Automation and Security
Premium components provide accurate and instant motion detection in both Automation mode (e.g. to control your lights) and Security mode (for instantly alerting you of an intrusion).
- Motion Detector Sensor with Pet Immunity
- Automation mode and Security mode
- Compatible with most Z-wave security hubs
- 5 year battery life
- Easy to Install
The Z-Wave technology is designed for control, monitor and status reading applications in homes around the world. Z-Wave is the market leader in wireless control, bringing affordable easy-to-use 'smart' products to millions of people.
No False Alarm Due To The Pet Immunity
Overcomes potential interference of pets as large as 55 lbs, saving nuisance because of false alarms.
This sensor comes with an easy flush mounting bracket that also supports corner mounting. After mounting, simply insert the battery to begin the learning process.
Ecolink is a leading developer of low power, highly reliable wireless solutions, including a wide range of intelligent wireless security, sensing and home automation devices.
Compare with similar items
From the leaders in Z-wave plus technology, the Ecolink Motion Detector allows you to improve the safety and security of your home and family easily and effectively. Built with premium components for better performance, these motion sensors provide instant and reliable performance as part of your security system. Ecolink is a leading developer of low power, highly reliable wireless solutions, including a wide range of intelligent wireless security, sensing and home automation devices. Dimensions: 3.5”L x 2.3”W x 1.8”H.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
*EDIT* If you're hoping to get rid of that 4-5 minute lag before it resets to 'no motion', just change the internal pin to test mode and it makes it almost instantaneous. I've had mine on test mode for over 6 months now and the batteries are still going strong.
if (luup.is_night()) then
...that bit of code tells the scene to only work when it's night time. Now my kitchen lights automatically come on when I walk in, and only after dark. Cool!
There are two things keeping this from five stars:
1.) The "reset" time is WAY too long on this, and not adjustable. The factory set timer is at 4 minutes, and the best I can tell is that you cannot change this. In other words, if you use this to trigger a light, once you leave the room (sensor is no longer tripped), the light will stay on for four minutes. At the four minute mark the sensor changes its state to "not tripped" and your lights will turn off. I would love to be able to adjust this.
2.) I wish it reacted to movement a bit faster. It takes a good five seconds for the sensor to react and turn my lights on. And I have tried this in multiple locations/heights. I still haven't put it in the highest sensitivity mode, but I really shouldn't have to.
Also, if you want to mount this to the wall and not have the tape pull your paint off, try use 3M command strips to mount it. They work great for me, and have no trouble holding up the (very light) sensor.
Please note, however, that under normal usage mode, once the sensor is "triggered," it takes approximately 4 minutes before it "resets." This is mentioned in the documentation, but I never realized how long 4 minutes can be. I do not know if other motion sensors "reset" faster, so cannot comment on comparison.
However, the device did trigger from about 25 feet away. It also did *not* trigger when a 10-pound cat walked nearby (I made sure the pet setting was active on my device). Moreover, a scene was easily set up and the device triggered lights to come on.
All in all, I think this is a simple and easy motion sensor for a z-wave network, and most likely will order a couple more. (Note: Indoor use only!)
UPDATE: I have since ordered and installed a second of these motion sensors. Once again, the device worked like a charm from the first moment. My Vera3 picked it up in no time, and I installed it in the room in a heartbeat. It is working wonderfully not only to trigger a "trip" and turn a light on, but, also to register a "non-tripped" state to turn that same light off.
I have also learned that many other sensors have the "reset delay" I reported above (the 4 minutes), although theirs may be different timing. Since this seems to be a standard aspect of motion sensors in general, I will up my star rating at this time since that was the basis for giving only 4 stars previously.