Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $9.99 shipping
ZHEN Japanese VG-10 3-Layer Forged 3.5-Inch Fruit Paring Knife with Micarta Handle
|Price:||$36.09 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- MADE WITH JAPANESE TOP GRADE STEEL ; VG-10 Japanese stainless steel cutting core; HRC 60-62 hardness
- Blade Length x Width x Thickness: 3.5" x 0.7" x 2.0 mm; N.W. 0.17 LBS
- Full tang design with durable sealed tight MICARTA handle for waterproof; high-toughness and endurance
- Long-lasting sharp edge designed for peeling or trimming fruit; vegetable skin
- Stainless Steel is imported from Japan and quality made in Taiwan
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare to similar items
This item ZHEN Japanese VG-10 3-Layer Forged 3.5-Inch Fruit Paring Knife with Micarta Handle
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Blade Material Type||Stainless steel||Stainless steel||Steel||Carbon|
|Item Dimensions||0.7 x 3.5 x 0.08 in||0.7 x 7.6 x 0.08 in||1 x 3.25 x 1 in||2.4 x 11.6 x 0.8 in|
This super sharp VG-10 Japanese stainless steel knife is constructed with VG-10 super steel for the middle core and clad with 2 layers of low carbon steel outside. This design could increase toughness, improve stain resistance and prolong knife life. The prefect weight balanced full length handle are made of MICARTA which is durable, non-slip, easy to clean, waterproof, bacteria-resist, comfortable and beautiful. Mirror polished stainless steel bolster and butt end design are made this knife even better. Every Zhen Premium knife comes with its own hand crafted gift box or storage box. DO NOT chop bone or use knife on hard surface like glass cutting board, tile and granite. Hand-wash your blades with gentle dish soap, rinse clean and towel dry immediately. Hone your blades with a steel or ceramic rod weekly to keep it sharp. Recommend to sharpen your blades with a whetstone at an angle of 15-20 degrees. 100-percent satisfaction guarantee.
Top Customer Reviews
I've been using this knife almost everyday for past three years. Here are a few things that I like and I don't like about this knife.
Things that I like:
1. Super comfortable handle. My kitchen knives are from $15 to $160 per piece, total value of $500. This knife has the most comfortable handle among them all.
2. Good steal. I changed knife geometry to convex microedge. It is sharp and stays sharp for quite long time, although I mostly use it for peeling apples.
Now the things that I don't like:
1. Handle material. I thought it is pakka wood when I bought it. I just realized that it is micarta handle. After 3 years of use, the handle abraded a little. Now I can see the fabric grid of the micarta texture. Still comfortable but not gonna be able to pass down to next generation :)
2. The carbon steal on the surface of the blade got darker as time passed by. Nothing is wrong with it except for that it does't look pretty. So I wet sanded it with 1000 grit sand paper and polished it like a mirror. Now it looks really good.
3. Not a big complain, but it would have been better is the blade is a quarter inch longer. Some times I just feel it slightly short.
Overall I still love this knife, except for the handle material.
really sharp out of the box. a vg-10 blade. it is easier to sharpen compared to high carbon steel and still holds the edge better
Sharp out of the box, and gets sharper with a little work.
Blade finish is nice. This is not the highly figured Damascus seen on Shun knives but I don't think that has any effect on function.