Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on September 21, 2012
I've never owned or hooked up a video system before but was willing to try. We wanted to protect the system from wire cutters or unplugging too so we went a step further in running steel conduit to the mounted cameras outside.

With regards to the system its self, it is pretty cool for the price tag. It has many features and capabilities. Once hooked up I would say I was not as impressed with the video as I expected to be but it serves it's purpose well enough and we can make out peoples faces from a distance. The night vision feature is the same. It works but I don't think it will go the 50 feet claimed. Maybe 30 feet and it's a fairly narrow beam that is well lite not the whole field of the camera lens. The mounts are workable but not without a little help. The screws were useless so we got different self-tapping ones of better grade and won't strip. On some mounts we used a piece of foil inside the universal joint to give it more bite and hold power. Really no problem at all. You will also have to buy a monitor if you don't have one but I went to Goodwill and picked one up used with cables for $15 more. We had more than enough cable to do out job and put the extra in the attic. One con is everything is designed to be plugged into an outlet. We wanted out system hiden out of the way so we put it in the closet and are going to have a special outlet installed in there for it but unless you want to do that for a more professional looking job you'll need to put the system next to an outlet and internet conection. For that we are using a wireless adapter and router instead of the hard cable. We also ran all the wires up throught the ceiling into the attic and out to the eves of the house were the conduit tool over outside to the camera.

So even tho we took it a step further we are happy with the quality of the video and the system overall. It also has many easy intefaces to access system settings and to save via USB memory stick or to PC via network. Playback and search also was easy to use. I found the system to be as easy to use as my laptop really. and there seems to be lots of different preset controls for the basic camera in my opinion. However, the system leaves me wanting to buy 4 more better PTZ cameras with 2-way audio which the system can handle.

The one thing I have not done yet is use the smart phone app for Android to monitor and change the settings yet. I wish I could comment now but maybe later. However, based on my experience so far I do not expect it to be a problem to setup or use even though the apps referenced don't appear to be their brand but third party.

Overall I think for the money I paid I got a great little system that does pretty much what it says and what I need. With a little inginuity we made the system look more like a professional installation and for about $40 more and a little extra work we fortified the systems integrity pretty good too. I figure a new outlet iin the closet will cost about $150 with an electrician and then the only thing anyone will see besides my cameras is when they open the closet to make a manual change or want to view the monitor. We do plan to buy and use some upgraded cameras with audio.
on December 15, 2014
As far as a surveillance DVR system goes its OK although do not expect to capture much night time footage with the cameras supplied.
My real problem and reason for only giving 2 stars is the lack of product support especially when it comes to setting up the remote viewing on iPhone etc. Online documentation and help is pretty poor and don't even bother trying to contact them for support, their lines are always busy and they do not call you back as promised. My wife called over 4 days ago with a promise of a return phone call.
If you only want a surveillance DVR system go ahead and order otherwise look for a supplier who offers real product support.
I will keep you posted (maybe even change to 3/4 stars) if they ever bother to follow up with their promise of a return phone call.
on August 23, 2015
Pain in the ass.... The recording is complicating and the wires gets all over.. Going wireless next time
on June 14, 2014
These survailance cameras work good as advertised , delivery was prompt , I have no complaints. Sorry for the late review , I just got caught up in life but on vacation now with no worries knowing that all is under survailance.
on July 14, 2015
the system is great. the reason i'm giving it 2 stars only because after 1 year of use, one camera starts to fade in color during the day time. the night vision is still ok. very disappointment with this.
on December 21, 2013
The DVR works great and has a great web interface and apps. But the night vision on the cameras is sub par.
on February 10, 2014
its ok I am not to enthused with the quality of the cameras but I DVR is great shipping was fast and price was okay
on January 29, 2016
Great
on September 17, 2015
Quality poor.
on June 10, 2014
Simple install. The system has only been in place for about a month, but so far I am very pleased.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.