ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Professional "S" 8" Bread Knife
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Serrated for slicing bread
- High-tech welded, high-carbon stainless-steel blade
- Black synthetic, three-rivet full-tang handle
- Made in Germany
- Lifetime warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Professional "S" 8" Bread Knife
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||eKitchenWorld||MMP Living||MMP Living||Peppercorn||Amazon.com||MMP Living|
|Item Dimensions||2.8 x 16.5 x 1.5 in||1.5 x 12.75 x 0.75 in||3 x 16 x 4 in||2.8 x 16.5 x 1.5 in||1 x 13 x 1 in||2.75 x 16.5 x 1.5 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic||High Carbon Stainless Steel|
PROFESSIONAL "S" are the classic knives for the professional kitchen. The knives are made of proprietary special formula steel that has been perfected for over 280 years. Combined with ZWILLING's signature ice-hardening technique, these FRIODUR blades are harder, sharper, they will NOT STAIN or chip and they retain their sharpness longer. Honed and hand-finished by the most skilled artisans, the knives' laser-controlled edge is incredibly sharp. The sturdy bolster provides the right balance and acts as a finger guard. Precision-forged from a single piece of solid steel, these threerivet handle knives deliver optimum balance and safe handling. Professional chefs worldwide trust the tradition and quality of these impressive knives.
A crusty loaf yields easily to this tough knife, whose serrations are big enough to rate--in knife-speak--as "scallops." Classic three-rivet handles distinguish Pro S from Henckels's other quality lines, TwinStar, Five Star, and Four Star. Pro S handles are heavier and its knives less weight-forward. The steel used in the Pro S line is identical to that of the Five and Four Star lines. High-tech welding of larger knives combines three steel types into what appears to be a single piece, so a knife's parts have distinct characteristics: a hard edge; a strong, stain-resistant bolster; a stain- and corrosion-resistant tang. Traditionalists insist on single-piece forging for strength, but Henckels says the invisible welds are actually stronger than the steel. While this bread knife is dishwasher-safe, hand washing is recommended. --Fred Brack
From the Manufacturer
|The J.A. Henckels Twin Professional S (or Pro S) knife series features trustworthy quality and classic three-rivet styling--its a line of knives admired by both professional chefs and home cooks of all skill levels. The Twin Pro S line contains knives for all tasks, including the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, steak, chefs, Granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Twin Pro S knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets, to be sure that your cutlery needs are covered.|
A Reliable Standard in Knife Construction
Twin Pro S knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Twin Pro S knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Twin Pro S knives use J.A. Henckelss Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention.
An Ergonomic Handle for Easier Use
|J.A. Henckelss Twin Pro S knives boast a comfortable, ergonomic three-rivet handle design that wont wear against the hand and helps to provide control when doing any cutting task. These durable Novodur handles are perfectly bonded to the full tang on each knife for stability and durability. The impeccably balanced super bolster provides weight and adds balance for safer and more professional cutting.|
- Sigmaforge one-piece precision-forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser-controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full visible tang construction: Provides proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Nonstaining, nonrusting.
- Precision honed: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Triple-riveted Novodur handles: Durable, strong, and smooth, these comfortable handles are perfectly balanced.
- Dishwasher-safe: Easy care (though hand washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.
Top customer reviews
We used it to cut a loaf of french bread, and it works like a dream.
I love my Professional "S" knives.