J.A. Henckels ZWILLING Accessories Sharpening, 10-inch, Black/Stainless Steel
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$10.01 (20%)|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||17 x 9.75 x 5.5 inches|
|Item Weight||0.8 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- For most home chefs the sharpening steel will realign the edge and remove any niche or burr. An oval rod provides more surface contact with the edge to achieve same results as traditional rod but with fewer strokes.
- For most home chefs the sharpening steel will realign the edge and remove any niche or burr
- An oval rod provides more surface contact with the edge to achieve same results as traditional rod but with fewer strokes
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
HENCKELS Fine Edge Pro Sharpening, 9-inch, Black/Stainless Steel
Green Elephant Ceramic Sharpening Rod, Lightweight & Highly Durable 11-Inch Shatterproof Ceramic Honing Rod For Professional Chefs and Home Cooks
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels 4-Stage Pull Through Knife Sharpener
Wüsthof - 10" Knife Sharpening Steel with Loop
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Professional S Sharpening, 12-inch, Black/Stainless Steel
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Green Elephant Kitchen||Amazon.com||DaSalla's||Amazon.com|
|Color||Black/Stainless Steel||Black/Stainless Steel||Black/White||Stainless Steel||Black||Black/Stainless Steel|
For most home chefs the sharpening steel will realign the edge and remove any niche or burr. An oval rod provides more surface contact with the edge to achieve same results as traditional rod but with fewer strokes.
This honing steel serves a vital role in the kitchen by realigning, or "resetting," a knife's edge, which bends this way and that when contacting a cutting surface. (Often called a sharpening steel, or "butcher" steel, a steel doesn't actually sharpen a knife--unless it's a "diamond" steel.) Consisting of a rod of hard steel-alloy and a tough synthetic handle, this steel works well. A loop facilitates hanging it close at hand so you can employ the steel oftenideally each time you use a knife. That prevents a blade from becoming dull and prolongs intervals between professional sharpenings. The rule is that a steel should be at least as long as the knife blade being drawn across it, and this steel's 10-inch rod is sufficient for nearly all household knives. The steel carries a lifetime warranty against defects. --Fred Brack
From the Manufacturer
|First introduced in 1976, the Four Star® Series is one of the world's most popular knife lines. Four Star® knives were designed and developed in close cooperation with renowned professional chefs. The result was a fully forged knife with a unique molded handle. The Four Star® line contains knives for all tasks, and includes the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, chefs, granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Four Star® knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets.|
A Higher Standard in Knife Construction
Four Star® knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Four Star® knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Four Star® knives use J.A. Henckels Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention.
It's All in The Grip:
|The Four Star® series features high impact polypropylene handles that are permanently bonded to the knife blades without any gaps. These comfortable handles are break-proof, sanitary, and colorfast. In addition, the super bolster provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.|
- SIGMAFORGE 1-piece, precision forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full rat-tail tang: Provides a proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Non-staining, non-rusting.
- Hand, precision honed blade: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Bonded polypropylene handles: Comfortable molded handles and food safe
- Dishwasher safe: Easy care (Although hand-washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.