Zak Designs E-Z-Rol Garlic Peeler (Blue)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- A product of Chefland. Quick way to peel whole garlic cloves.
- No garlic odor left on hands or countertop
- Flexible, easy-to-roll rubber material
- 5 inches long, wide enough for large or small cloves
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
A quick and easy way to peel garlic, the Zak! Designs garlic peeler is both flexible and durable. Made in the USA, this blue silicone peeler is tube shaped and has scalloped edges. To use, simply insert the garlic into the tube and place it on a flat, sturdy surface. Then, apply gentle pressure with your hands and roll the tube until you hear the skin come off.
1-1/2" diameter x 4-3/4" H
Tired of garlic peel strips under your fingernails? Try this easy-to-use garlic peeler. Just place an unpeeled clove of garlic inside, roll the peeler back and forth on a countertop, and let the peel shuck itself off. The time-consuming task of stripping every shred of peel from each clove is a chore of the past. Cleanup is easy, too--rinse under the tap or run through the dishwasher. --Emily Bedard
Top customer reviews
IT'S EASY TO CLEAN, AND A VERY USEFUL TOOL.
--Super easy. Some people will say "well I just use a butter knife", and I say: "well, you can't roll the garlic clove with a butter knife, buddy."
--You put the garlic clove or even a few in, press down with your palm and then take it out and rub the skin off. It's super easy! I used to cut both end of the clove off and then mess with trying to get the skin off with my nails and it would always invariably take so much time and never would I get all the skin off in one attempt.
--It is easy to wash--I really don't even use soap since I just use it for garlic. I simply run it under warm water after I use it to get the garlic out from inside and then leave it to dry.
--It's also dishwasher safe if you like that convenience!
--Out of the past 20 times that I have used it to peel garlic it didn't peel all the skin off of one clove. But maybe that was a particularly difficult clove, I dunno.
I still use this technique when I need to peel a couple of cloves of garlic. But I also love the very E-Z-Rol Garlic peeler for a couple of reasons:
1. I hate to spend extra time on any unnecessary extra steps when cooking. If I am making multiple batches of garlic laden meals to freeze ahead of time, the garlic peeler definitely saves time. It is also a cinch to clean.
2. Children love to use this and it is certainly safer than a knife for young ones. Having noted that, however, I am somewhat of a purist and teach kids how to peel garlic the traditional way as soon as they have the motor skills to wield a knife or pull off the papery skin by hand. But they also love to use the roller - because it is simply fun.
Finally, I have far too many kitchen gadgets that I rarely use so it is a pleasure to have one that is useful, inexpensive, and easy to store...even in a small kitchen.