Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 40 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 92 reviews
VINE VOICEon December 19, 2011
Big style in a small package! 24 projects fill the pages -- from totes to potholders, quilts to coasters, sewing cases to frames -- you'll find a ton of inspirtion. Common items are elevated to art form! My favorite project is the nesting boxes: cute storage plus this one would make a great gift. The projects are adaptable and fun. As a bonus, there lots of stash-busting projects. Lots of bang for the buck!
44 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2012
Zakka Style is really one of the best project books in a long time. I have made 2 of the projects so far and have had great success. Her inspirational pictures are so current - and the projects are great sizes and leave room for your own creativity. Most of the projects give you a great jumping off place to go ahead and make more with your own twist on them. I just finished my first Tweed Pouch with a zipper installed between the outer fabric and the lining. It is great! I can't wait to make more.
on July 23, 2016
Great book. Interesting projects that inspire ideas. Instructions seem clear on all of them. I definitely recommend it. I bought it for one project in particular, but will make a lot of them.
on October 26, 2016
Zakka Style: 24 Projects Stitched with Ease book is very well written. The project directions are easy to read and I took forward to making something from this book soon. Great addition to my Sewing library. I look forward to purchasing other books by Rashida Coleman-Hale in the future.
on March 24, 2013
This book is really creatively inspiring. It has a lot of fun ideas and designs you can make with the newest Japanese rage of Zakka Style. Unlike other books people are complaining about this one had lots of instructions (in English) and I could clearly understand what they want me to do! Zakka seems to be a really mixed media/pattern in textiles type of art and has the "cute" factor that Japan seems to have and I am attracted to. If you are as well and looking for something new and different to try this might be for you. It is a hit in this household.
on May 24, 2016
Project are great and directions easy to follow. I have made a couple of gifts from it and have made an impression.
on December 25, 2011
A fabulous book! I pre ordered and was not expecting to receive it until February (living down under has drawbacks)however it arrived in time to bring on holiday, the time I get to sew the most. I am keen to try many of the projects, though I may not always include linen in them. The book is beautifully illustrated with lots of diagrams. I have started to make the tote, and whilst triangles are not my favourite patchwork pursuit, the instructions and digrams are a huge help. I have lots of craft books and I may not make all the items but it is a book that I will enjoy browsing for many years to come and a book I will gain inspiration from.
on January 8, 2012
I was waiting with baited breath for this book and am so pleased to finally have it in my greedy little hands! The book is comprised of projects completed by different Zakka sewers. Some have their own blogs and others Etsy shops. The sewn items are beautiful and functional... The layout is visually appealing and instructions appear to be clear and easy to follow. Looking forward to getting in to some sewing from this book!
on December 30, 2016
Nice book, nice projects. I can see using it for future teacher's gifts.
on January 30, 2013
Well, first I am not the most experienced sewer, but I have done the Nesting box project and the Pin cushion both turned out great and were fun to do. I am sure glad I purchased this book. My family is going to love these as gifts. They are practical gifts to give and take little fabric to produce the smaller projects, great for using up leftovers from quilts.