|Item model number||ZM-V350B|
|Item Weight||8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||0.5 x 3.1 x 5.3 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||0.5 x 3.1 x 5.3 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Zalman ZM-VE350 USB 3.0 External 2.5" Hard Drive Enclosure With Built-In Virtual CD Emulator (ZM-V350B)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Firmware download - zalmanusa.com/ZM-VE350/Software Down
- Dimensions: 135.3(l)x78.6(w)x13.1(h)mm / Weight: 96g / Materials: Aluminum Alloy, Acryl, Ploy Carbonate / External Interface: USB 3.0, USB 2.0, Usb 1.1 / Internal Interface: S-ATA I/II/III / Power: Input DC5V
- VE350 is USB 3.0 hardware enclosure with built-in virtual CD emulator which supports ISO files.
- Plug-and Play, hardware will automatically be recognized and can be used instantly without software installation.
- ZM-VE350 is an external HDD case which is compatible with 2.5” SATA I/II/III HDD.
- The storage device will be enclosed in brushed aluminum casing and leather pouch is included for additional protection.
- Pressing the button for more than 3 seconds will automatically turn power off, allowing the external hard drive to be removed safely without damaging the data.
- Support OS Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 / Mac OS / Linux
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$12.34||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||3.1 x 0.5 x 5.3 in||0.52 x 5.33 x 3.09 in||3.19 x 5.75 x 0.55 in||0.59 x 5.11 x 3.19 in||5.59 x 8.27 x 1.57 in||0.59 x 5.31 x 2.91 in|
With convenient and intuitive menus, even first time users can easily use VE350. If an external HDD case with built-in hard disk is connected to a USB port of a desktop PC, notebook or netbook, the hardware will automatically be recognized and can be used instantly without installation. External HDD case has a subcompact design for portability and takes up minimal desk space. ZM-VE350 is an external HDD case which is compatible with 2.5” SATA I/II/III HDD. The whole aluminum-body design is elegant and effective against external shock and radiant heat of HDD. Pressing the Convenient One Touch Backup button once will automatically copy files to the selected folder. Pressing the button for more than 3 seconds will automatically turn power off, allowing the external hard drive to be removed safely without damaging the data. VE350 supports Virtual ODD which can be used as CD-ROM for convenient booting.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I however have had no shortage of difficulty getting it to reliably boot to an ISO. The button/switch is unpleasant and almost unusable.
Also, preparing a drive is next to impossible, formatting it and getting it initially configured was a huge hassle.
Also, there are weird limits and special instructions to work around, IIRC, this one will have issues with more then a few ISO's in the same folder... So you use subfolders, there is no way to back out of a subfolder, and with the iffy button/switch its easy to incorrectly pick one, so disconnect, wait, reconnect, sometimes it remembers where it was, start over. It can get frustrating.
Overall, This device is worth figuring out and still saves time over CD's, even if you have to stumble through it, USB3 is faster and usually makes up for the time and frustration to get it t load your ISO.
I had to pay for return shipping.
Hopefully replacement will work better.
RMA unit exhibited same behavior. I have no interest in dealing with support again. I will not pay for return shipping a second time. I do NOT recommend this product. Based on this experience I will be very hesitant to buy anything from Zalman.
- They are the same exact hardware, right down to the brushed aluminum casing. The firmware is the actual difference.
- In my opinion, the Iodd menu system is easier to navigate, and has options (like refresh USB to check for updated ISO files) which do not exist on the Zalman's software
- The Iodd drive worked for me as described, and I am now using it for my VHD needs. While the included instructions are limited to a single double sided card, they managed to have all the info I needed including technical specifics like the need to convert to MBR partition types (as opposed to GTS)
- The Zalman drive did not work for me, even though I set it up exactly the same (with the same model SSD drive) as the Iodd device. I can see the iso files are properly copied into the _iso folder, when when I connect the device to my Windows and Ubuntu PC's, but the menu on the device itself says no ISO files detected and nothing I have done to troubleshoot has been able to resolve that (including formatting again, etc)
Overall, I am giving 2 stars because the device does function as a USB hard drive enclosure now, and there could possibly be a resolution to my issues but the limited documentation (and even the knowledge of how to configure the Iodd device) were not enough to get me up and running.
I have just purchased 2 more Iodd 2531's for my team members.
When drive is trying to connect as USB3, on two different pc/laptops the connection continuously flaps, on another macbook seems connect fine. Changing to a different(better) USB3 cable seems making it better, however still drops randomly when transferring large files. It feels that the enclosure requires much higher power to operate at while the cable it come with is substandard. Maybe a Y cable with extra power-providing USB port will make it better.
Returned as result and trying change to a IODD 2531.
Quick tip: Don't be like me and try to boot from external HDD, will throw an epePC error which I couldn't find anything about online. Click the CD/DVD option in the boot menus and it'll pick it up and fly. Cheers!
Most recent customer reviews
I could not set the thing ti be the CD emulator that it waas supposed to be.
There support is non-exostant.Read more
* It's key function, virtual ODD is useless, because: