We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Vibram sole
- Dual-density EVA mid-sole and Hydrobloc split grain leather upper offers lightweight construction
- Semi-crampon compatible, Gore-Tex lined, and protected with a full rubber rand
- Technical lacing system goes down to the toes and then locks in the heel on top
Zamberlan is a family-run company that began in 1929, when Giuseppe Zamberlan started his own cobbling business. Two generations later, Zamberlan still produces their boots in Italy and they invite you to experience their high-quality materials and expert craftsmanship.
- Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 10.3 x 4.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.9 pounds
- ASIN: B0045EOS6E
- Item model number: A97 Monster GT RR
- Date first available at Amazon.com: June 23, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
Out of the box, the shoe fit like a dream. I wear a size 12 in Zamberlan and this was true to size. the shoe was extremely comfy. For those of you who own the Steep and know what comfy is, will find yourself redefining that notion once you wear the Monster. Yes, it is that comfy. I took it for a light hike in a near by trail and it performed admirably. Please note that this is a stiff soled boot and walking from the car to the trailhead or any kind of smooth level path is a pain. But once you are on the trail the support is amazing. Also, coming back down the shoe provides ample support and it is so soft inside that there absolutely no discomfort with your toe hitting the front of the shoe. There is also tremendous grip in relatively slippery portion of the trail.
Once I got to the steep part of the trail which required walking on scree and extremely uneven and steep terrain the shoe performed very well going up... coming back down was a completly different story!!!. The shoe is extremely unstable. Usually moutaineering boots are made a little narrower than backpacking boots, I own a stiff winter mountaineering boot, but the Monster was different. The shoe suddenly decides to tip over to one side without any warning whatsover. This happens on both the left and right sides. Luckily for the excellant ankle support and tight lacing I didnt break or sprain my ankle. This happened multiple times on the steep and uneven section of the trail.Read more ›