Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 31-40 of 45 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 50 reviews
on December 19, 2011
It's taken me a while to read this book. There's something a little off-putting about the title, and even though it's been sitting on my Kindle for almost four months, I didn't dig into it until today. I just wasn't in the mood for a science fiction novel, until now.

And then when I opened it up, I was terribly disappointed. The characters were forgettable, the plot easy to figure out. In fact, it looks suspiciously like a book on succeeding with social media.

Dan Zarella attacks one sacred cow after another, and it's hard to argue with him when he shows the numbers backing up his assertions. Of course, he could be dry-labbing the results, but somehow, I don't think so. His results aren't immediately intuitive, but on reconsideration, Dan's assertions end up making a lot of sense.

Knowing what to do, and actually doing it, are two different things. This book will NOT make you successful with social media. What it will do is give you tools that make it easier for you to succeed. It's probably a bargain at $7.99. If you can't get THAT much value out of this book, you're not going to succeed in social media no matter what advice you get.
on December 8, 2012
There were a lot of concepts that were very interesting and needed deep thought about the concepts. The book is deceptively short (in a good way), but the ideas are HUGE and complex. Very good book.
on December 22, 2013
Enjoyed the simplicity and length of this book. Easy to read and he doesn't mess around - just lays out his thorough research on why ideas spread and gives you the good stuff.
on September 24, 2013
Of all of the books I've read on social media, this one is actually useful and fluff-free. It's only 60 pages, but don't you just need the essentials? So here they are.
on April 17, 2015
very satisfied with the product, price, service and timing
on October 19, 2013
Great book. Easy to read and follow. Book provided a new and interesting view.
Would recommend to others.
Good addition to my kindle library
on August 9, 2013
Lots of insight into social media and hard fast data to help you learn more about maximizing many things "social media."
on February 16, 2013
Dan Zarrella is awesome. Thank goodness for Kindle. That way I dont have to hope an item I order from Amazon actually gets delivered.
on November 14, 2011
Social Media advice tends to be centered mostly around "common wisdom." But without data based evidential decision making, perhaps we are all heading as a herd over the common wisdom cliff of irrelevancy. As a huge fan of Sutton and Pfeffer'sHard Facts, Dangerous Half-Truths, and Total Nonsense: Profiting from Evidence-based Management, I have longed for a similar work on social media. Zarrella has access to large quantities of data most of us could only dream of.

The result? Prescriptions for social media usage that are evidence based. Goodbye smoke. Goodbye unicorns. I shan't ride you over the cliff of "common wisdom."

(Disclaimer: I am the guy who is often mocked for having a color coded spreadsheet on everything and I do mean everything.)
on June 7, 2013
The book is short but sweet.

Now this. I did not want to say more but amazon says 17 words required.