Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 13, 2009 9:19:19 AM PST
Duque says:
Hi,

I just think that is very miss leading here, when Amazon is advertising Introduction to Zbrush, but when I look at the image of the cover page, it says Introducing ZBrush 4.

So, I really would like to know, will this book be covering zbrush 4 ??? OR zbrush 3.5 (as the latest version for today 13-Dec-09)???

Will the book also come with a DVD, with some videos tutorials as well ?

Would be really nice if Amazon or the Author could clarify this before I pre-order it.

Thank you.

Miguel

Posted on Dec 13, 2009 10:38:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2009 10:40:41 PM PST
Duque says:
Thanks to Eric, I sent him an email and he promptly replied me with the answer. It will be Zbrush 4 !

However, I think that Amazon should be more precise with their advertising technique. If the book is about Zbrush 4, then it should have the 4 number on the title of the book (like the one present on the image book cover). Just saying Introduction to Zbrush without being specific of the application version, this will lead confusions and unnecessary trouble.

Once again, thank you Eric for the email reply. Appreciated.

Miguel

Posted on Jan 10, 2010 6:36:32 PM PST
Duque says:
Pre-ordered this book and still waiting! So looking forward to receive it!

Posted on Mar 29, 2010 5:40:36 AM PDT
This book is NOT about ZBrush 4. ZBrush 4 has not been released yet. Currently ZBrush 3.2 is on the Mac and ZBrush 3.5 is on the PC. This book covers ZBrush 3.1. You'll notice that the book was released in 2008 so its fairly out-of date. the interface has changed since this book came out. Not sure why Amazon lists this under ZBrush 4, Pixologic has not even announced when 4 will come out. Sorry about the confusion. i hope to update this book when ZBrush 4 is released, until then, please pay attention to what version you are using.

Eric Keller

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2010 7:49:04 AM PDT
Duque says:
Hi Eric,

Thank you for the reply. That's very annoying indeed then and very miss leading to the general customers. I was so looking forward that this would be the ZB4.
Oh well, thanks for clarifying this with an update Eric.

Miguel

Posted on Jul 25, 2010 11:30:01 PM PDT
Duque says:
I am pretty disappointed that the release date for this book was pushed back to January 25, 2011.
I was really looking forward to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2010 10:17:21 AM PDT
I know but there's not much I could do about that. i love Pixologic but they release the software when they want to and we can't write a book until the software is finished. Now that ZBrush 4 is out we are working as fast as possible to finish the book but I want to make sure it is accurate and easy to follow.

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 3:41:11 AM PDT
I know that this thread is a bit old now, but with the recent release of Zbrush 4 R2, I'm wondering if you are in the works of teaching the features of this second release of Zbrush 4, since it seems there are some changes that weren't covered in this book, obviously.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 6, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Introducing ZBrush
Introducing ZBrush by Eric Keller (Paperback - May 5, 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars (91)