Part reference book, part notebook, the Zebra Huddle - Head Referee Bout Booklet is what every head referee needs to be prepared for their meetings on bout day. The book is designed to be used for 25 bouts, each bout uses 6 pages:
- Bout information - fill in the schedule, ref assignments, team colors, etc.
- To do list - Things to make sure to check before the bout. Includes room for notes.
- Ref meeting topics - Talking points for your ref meeting. Includes room for notes.
- Captains meeting topics - Talking points for your ref meeting. Includes room for notes.
- NSO meeting topics - Talking points for your ref meeting. Includes room for notes. Notes page
The meeting topics are talking points instead of a description of how something should be handled, so that you can make those decisions for your crew. Most commonly discussed topics are covered. See something that you don't want to discuss? Cross it out. See something that you want to emphasize? Underline or highlight it. This book was made with the intention that you will want to write in it. The pages are repeated, so that you can tailor your meetings to each individual bout and crew.
The book measures 4 x 6 x 0.34 inches, so it is easy to slip into average sized pockets. Additionally, the stripes on the cover are 1/2" wide, so you can use it as a quick reference for checking boundary widths, uniform numbers, etc.