Top positive review
12 people found this helpful
on November 2, 2009
I agree with the previous reviewer; this is a very handy pump and a good value. A few notes on things not clear from the description:
* The valve, on the flat end, appears to be a presta. The stored hose connects to this, terminates in a schader, and accepts the schrader-to-presta adapter. The hose screws securely to an inner tube valve and is, in my opinion, much easier to use than the pumps which clamp directly to the tire valve. It fills tires very quickly.
* The needle adapter can be fit directly into the base of the pump, or into the presta adapter, then to the hose.
* There are two general use tips. One is a 40mm (less than 2") long cone with a 4mm outer diameter tip. The other appears to be the same, cut down so it is about a half inch at the tip. Both screw into the hose only. It takes a very long time to fill an air mattress, compared to foot pump.
* The whole thing is about 290mm (just under a foot) long and 50mm at the widest; bulky for a pocket but fine on a bike or in a small bag. The weight of mine was 150g (slightly over 5oz) with all the adapters inside.
* The piston is plastic and you probably should be careful not to bend it or slam it into the ends of the tube. I haven't had any problems, but I have been reasonably careful with it.