Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on April 24, 2011
I bought the floating strap to keep track of my Canon DC10 underwater camera, in case the camera was pulled off away from me while swimming in the ocean. First, I tested it in the water, and it did keep the camera afloat (the manual did state that the camera, alone, would sink).
The strap was a little large for my skinny arms, but I held on to the camera tightly, anyway, since I was occassionally bashed against some rocks. Be sure to rinse it out after use, so that it doesn't retain any odors from wherever you have been swimming! It does dry quickly enough and it did the job. I recommend purchasing this product to attach to a small underwater camera that might become lost in water!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Strap arrived promptly and in condtion as described. Haven't had the opportunity to use it yet, but it appears as if it will do its job. I will update this review after I use it, hence just 4 stars now.
on March 22, 2016
Works amazing & everyone always asks us where we found it! The clip wore out after a few years of use in the ocean.... so I recommend not clipping & un-clipping... it's hard to catch a falling camera in the ocean
on November 28, 2009
The strap seems well made overall. Even though the part that attaches to the camera looked thin it took a lot of pull without breaking or letting go.

However, when I hit one side of the the quick release clip very lightly while the strap was under tension it let go - too easily for my comfort level. I can see having the strap is under tension and accidentally putting pressure on one side of the quick release, like when draped over a hand railing, and losing the camera.

I plan to use it but I will loop the standard camera wrist strap through the float's main strap and forget the quick disconnect. I downgraded my rating significantly because of the lack of a secure quick disconnect.
on November 27, 2009
The quick release connector on this strap makes this floating strap useless. It is so flimsy, and comes apart so easily, that your camera could easily disconnect and sink to the bottom. After seeing how easily it pulled apart, I could not trust it while snorkeling in st. thomas VI last week, and wore the regular strap on my panasonic TS1 as a backup, as I just couldn't trust it. This was a waste of money, and I will likely toss it in the trash. I will never trust it to hold any underwater camera worth several hundred dollars.
on September 18, 2010
Really love it! We have a $600.00 camera and I would never take it on our boat out of fear someone would drop it in the water and it would be lost! I bought this floating strap, and tested it out in our pool first. It worked great, until the black nylon string that connects the camera to the strap became untied and the camera fell to the bottom of the pool. I "fished" my camera off the bottom, retied the black nylon strap, singed the ends of the string with a lighter and I haven't had a problem with it since! I actually ordered another one for my other camera!
on April 29, 2015
It was good while it lasted. It has seems as though one of the snaps has worn and doesn't hold as well as it did when new. Took it to Punta Cana though and it held up nicely. Tested it out by floating my Olympus TG-3 in the ocean; worked fine.
on November 4, 2012
I purchased this along with a new waterproof camera to take snorkeling while on vacation. It holds up a compact digital just fine and the bright orange color guarantees if it comes off your wrist, you'll spot it easily in the water. Not much danger of it coming off though as the adjustable wrist strap stayed snug. I was surprised to see how quickly the nylon cover dried out as well, only a few minutes. Good product.
on August 1, 2010
Cheap in every aspect. Just looking at it you can tell the poor quality.

I handed it to a guide when we were about to go into the ocean. He grabbed it by the orange pads and the camera disconnected and fell into the sand. It cannot support a small Olympus Tough. I was terrified the rest of the trip that if it was dropped into the water that it would disconnect the camera. The whole point is to stay attached to the camera so it will float.

I will definitely buy the Olympus one now.
on June 12, 2011
this is great strap.. as long as you don't use the quick connect! use your camera's existing wrist strap & loop it around the black cord connected directly to the float. this float is great for my olympus water proof camera when we go tubing on a river or in a wave pool in a orlando water park. when tubing with friends, its great to throw the camera at another group of tubers & have them take a pic & throw your camera back at you without worrying about loosing your camera! :)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question