Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Zeikos ZE-WA52B 52mm 0.45X high definition Super Wide Angle lens with Macro attachment, includes lens pouch and cap covers (Life Time Warranty)
|Price:||$12.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 0.45X Wide Angle Lens, 52mm fit
- Perfect to get everything in the photo
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|Item Dimensions||35.05 x 2.48 x 2.5 inches|
|Item Weight||0.3 pounds|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||Limited Lifetime|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||52 mm|
|Shipping Weight||0.3 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 0:24 Mins|
Then I noticed this Zeikos lens and thought at this price it was worth a try. I'm pretty happy with it.
First, it looks great on my camcorder. It doesn't look cheap, and matches the style and look of the Vixia HFS10 very nicely. It comes with a "fit on" cap for the Wide Angle end of the lens and a "screw on" cap for the attachment side.
It does what I was looking for, expanding a bit on the angle I can capture up close and extending the range of imagery that's in focus on a longer shot. The main thing I wanted was to be able to shoot a bit wider up close, since I sometimes use a green screen in my office and can't get my camera back very far from the screen. Though I was hoping it would go a bit wider than it does, this definitely helps.
I'm not exactly sure what the .45x means, since as far as I can tell (based on measuring the relative size of objects with and without the lens on) this really gives about .8x magnification. I assume it may have to do with the fact that what you really have here is a "Macro" lens + a .45 Wide Angle lens and the net effect is to give a .8 magnification. What I didn't know when I bought this is that the "Macro" component of the lens and the "Wide Angle" component are separable.Read more ›
|Length: 2:32 Mins|
The final cut (10 minutes) can be viewed on youtube if you search for "Colonial Square Model Twin Home Complete!"
Issues I've noticed include dark shadows in the upper right and left corners when at full wide (zoomed out all the way). Chromatic aberration (red, green, and blue halos around things) is particularly bad. The barrel distortion (curve of straight lines near the edges) actually isn't too bad but blurring is very noticible everywhere except the dead center of the shot.
The lens is alo extremely suseptible to lens flaring. If there there is a light source in front of or above you... you will have lens flare garanteed. The wide lens is threaded so you can use a Multi Coated UV filter to kill the lens flare.
Overall I found the quality of the video captured with this lens on to be noticably degraded.
That all said I have to agree with the video review that the build quality is spectacular. It integrates and blends with the HF S10 body very naturally. It's solid metal and glass, built like a tank. The snap on lens cap is a great inclusion. And weird as it may sound it adds enough extra weight and viewing area to the camera that it substantially reduces the amount of perceivable camera shake in my shots. If you need to go wide in some hostile environments and need a lens that can take a beating but won't make you shed any tears if it dies this would be worth having in your arsenal.
All things considered for $10 I would buy this again without hesitation.Read more ›
Below is a list of PROS, CONS and TIPS about this lens adapter. Hopefully this review helps you decide.
* No Vignetting - On my Canon EF 28mm F/1.8 USM prime lens, I have zero vignetting. This was my number one concern when I rolled the dice and purchased the .45x. According to most reviewers on these adapters, anything zoomed higher than 21mm is vignette free.
* Macro - half of the assembly is a macro lens. This lens can be used with out the wide angle part.
* Compact Size - small enough to easily stow in my camera bag.
* Light Weight - lighter than say the "built like a tank" Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 I used to own.
* Lens Coating - there appears to be an anti-reflective or anti-glare coating on it. I have not experienced any uncontrollable flares. It may or may not hold up against scratches, but I plan on babying it like the rest of my lenses.
* Threading - the wide angle piece has a 62mm outer threading so you will be able to use a lens cap or filters with it. (ND, Polarized, UV, etc..). I suppose you could use a regular 58mm filter if you screwed it on the lens before screwing in the Zeikos .45x. this would sandwich it in between the lens and the adapter. But, more glass means degraded image quality.
* No Light Loss - unlike using macro extension tubes, this filter will not rob your camera of light.
* Auto Focus Works - the auto focus on my lens does not seem to be effected at all.
* Very Little Distortion - closer objects will fisheye a little, but nothing worth worrying about.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Too strong to be useful. It does include a macro 'filter' which I get some use out of. I have to crop the fisheye images drastically.Published 2 months ago by Rakdan10
I would recommend it highly recommended an excellent productPublished 5 months ago by Mohammed ALBaqshi
Vignetting and distortion make this almost unusable for the intended purpose. Don't waste your money.Published 8 months ago by Pat Bollin
A little big for my liking and also a little heavy. Pictures are cool enough, when zoomed in all the way on stock 18-55 lens, you can hardly see any effect at all. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Efren Quijas
Not what I expected. This lens goes over another. I am not the best photographer but I wanted to expand my lenses and I bought this to do that. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Luke S.