Zeiss OTUS 55mm F/1.4 Apo Distagon T ZE Lens for Canon EOS Cameras - Bundle with Heliopan 77mm UV Filter, Cleaning Kit
|Price:||$3,990.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Zeiss OTUS 55mm F/1.4 Apo Distagon T* ZE Lens for Canon EOS Cameras - Zeiss 2 Year USA Warranty - Bundle Includes: - Heliopan 77mm UV Filter - Cleaning Kit
- Apochromat: Because this lens is an apochromat, chromatic aberrations (axial chromatic aberations) are corrected with elements of special glass with anomalous partial dispersion. The chromatic aberrations are therefore significantly below the defined limits. Bright-dark transitions in the image are reproduced almost free of color artifacts
- The ultimate in image contrast: Aberrations caused by extreme differences between shadows and highlights are particularly obvious in images captured at night. Thanks to the outstanding correction of lateral chromatic aberration, the floodlit facade is reproduced with absolute perfection.
- No colour fringing: Sources of light located in front of or behind the plane of focus present particular challenges to every lens. In the case of the ZEISS Otus, longitudinalchromatic aberration is so low that practically no colour fringing occurs.
- The medium format look: Thanks to its exceptional sharpness, the ZEISS Otus exploits the full potentialsof contemporary high-resolution sensors and rewards photographers with images characterised by breathtaking rendition of even the finest details.
Customers also shopped for
|Item Weight||5 pounds|
|Maximum Focal Length||55 mm|
|Minimum Focal Length||55 mm|
Zeiss has introduced its first premium lens designed specifically for high-end, high-resolution DSLRs, the Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4. Zeiss has decades of experience designing lenses for both 35mm and medium-format cameras, and with the Otus, they've pulled out all the f/Stops. First, a bit of background: Over the last 10 years, most medium-format film camera users who migrated to digital adapted the 35mm sensor format. As the resolution of these cameras has increased, many lenses simply haven't kept up. High resolution revealed that edge sharpness was not as crisp as the center, and image quality changed based on the aperture used. Zeiss set about to create a new line of lenses that take full advantage of high-resolution DSLRs, with no design restrictions based on weight or size, using the best possible material. The result would be a line of premium-priced lenses capable of delivering the best possible images with little or no optical distortion. The Otus line was born, and the 55mm f/1.4 is the first product. The Zeiss Otus uses the APO Distagon design, which is a more complex design using more elements and Apochromatic design for sharper and contrastier images with fewer chromatic aberrations. Lower-end lenses have the Planar designation. Bold Claims, Sharp Optics Zeiss makes the bold claim, based on its internal MTF optical bench tests results, that the Otus 55mm f/1.4 is the best standard lens ever made by Zeiss and is t
Read about our customers' top-rated lenses and cameras on our review pages: Lenses, Digital SLR Cameras, Compact System Cameras