Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 330 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 517 reviews
on April 29, 2017
I have read this wonderful book many times since encountering it in the 1970's. It is equally inspiring for beginners and experienced readers.
on August 23, 2016
Deep reading that will impact everything in your day to day life. A must read for those interested in Zen, the breath, meditation, mindfulness, and awareness.
on October 15, 2014
I found it lacking any significant insight. Compared to writings from the Sanbo Kyoden and Rinzai sects, this one is mundane and uninspired. There are a few gems of knowledge, but they are all available publicly and often used to back up deeper insights in other works. I am sure it is a great work for Soto sect followers, but I cannot personally say I found it a very worthwhile read.
on September 23, 2014
This book is somewhat abstract. I feel like it repeats itself a lot but emphasizing different points and with different examples. This was recommended/ mandatory reading for my martial arts/ yoga practice and therefore I read it. It has interesting points for sure but again very abstract. I believe that as my practice progresses I will be able to take out different messages from this book. At this point the message is all the same - meditate with the attitude of doing just that - sitting and meditating, and not with the goal of achieving anything (including enlightenment). I am keeping it and one year from now I'll probably rediscover its message.
on March 6, 2017
A Zen classic. I read this many years ago, and it is as relevant now as it was then.
on April 1, 2017
This was a very good read.
on June 22, 2017
Classical Zen
on February 17, 2017
Arived on time, Very happy.
on August 22, 2015
A classic. One that is read over and over. Each reading and reflection gives new meaning and understanding of the practice of Zen. Insight into Beginner's Mind. Being in the learning mode life long.
on April 18, 2014
I simply love this book. It's fascinating and it doesn't waste your time. It's concise and inspiring. I recommend it