Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Zen Water Systems Countertop Filtration and Purifi..." and save 54% off the $129.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Zen Water Systems Countertop Filtration and Purification System, 4-Gallon
|Price:||$70.88 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Transform tap water into clean, healthy, alkaline mineral water. o-rings and the wing nut are attached to the stem of the ceramic filter
- 5 Functions Combined in 1 System: Filter, Purify, Mineralize, Alkalize and Magnetize
- Removes bacteria, contaminants, chlorine, impurities and other man-made chemicals and adds micro-nutrients and bio-energy properties. BPA-Free; No electricity or plumbing required; Easy assembly; Convenient, versatile & affordable
- Ceramic filter will last 1,000 gallons or 1 year; 5-Stage mineral filter will last 500 gallons or 6 months;The ceramic O ring is attached to the stem of the ceramic filter. The Magnetic nut is attached to the stem of the Magnetic Tap/Spout. Simply turn the ceramic filter upside down,the o-rings and the wing nut are attached to the stem to prevent the wing nut from scratching/damaging the surface of the ceramic
- The Countertop system comes complete with: Micro-Ceramic Filter, 5-Stage Mineral Cartridge Filter, Maifan Mineral Stones and Magnetized Spigot. The System can be used with or without the base. Not recommended for use with microbiologically unsafe water. o-rings and wing nut are attached onto the stem of the ceramic filter.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Rejuvenate your life!
Transform Tap Water To Healthy Delicious Purified Drinking Water.
The original, Zen Water Rejuvenate 6 Gallon Countertop System filters, purifies, mildly alkalizes, mineralizes and magnetizes.
Mimic the process of Mother Nature’s mineral spring and refresh, rejuvenate, and reinvigorate with your own Zen Water System.
Includes Authentic Zen Filters - 4 and 8 gallon systems also available
Includes Zen Water Filters
- Micro Ceramic Filter.
- 5 Stage Mineral Filter.
- Maifan Mineral Stones.
- Magnetic Spigot*.
No More Bottled Water & Plastic Waste
Easy assembly, filter prep and maintenance.
Electricity or plumbing not required.
4 Gallon Dispenser Top System Available
All systems compact and portable.
Perfect for your home, office, the dorm, cabin, etc.
- Filter life span: approximately 6 month or 500 gallons
- Capacity: top tank 2 gallons, bottom tank 4 gallons
- Height: 25 inches with base, 19 inches without base
- Diameter: 13 inches
- Cylindrical in shape
- Multiple capacity options available: Vitality 4 and Active 8 gallon countertop
- Pulse 4 gallon dispenser model available
Zen Water Systems
Transform Your Tap Water.
Using only gravity, transform any potable or tap water. Mimic mother- nature's water filtration and mineralization process to create your own endless source of mountain spring water.
Zen Water uses only natural water-filtration materials without the use of chemicals or other synthetic substances.
Result - Crisp Clean Water.
Effectively removes bacteria, eliminates bad odor and reduces harmful contaminants from your tap water. Optimizes ph level to mildly alkaline and dispenses essential minerals. The result is crisp clean water with mountain spring fresh flavor.
|Zen Water Systems||Active||Rejuvenate||Pulse||Vitality|
|Type||Countertop||Countertop||Dispenser (water cooler or crock not included)||Countertop|
|Capacity||8 Gallon||6 Gallon||4 Gallon||4 Gallon|
|Includes Micro CeramicIncludes Micro Ceramic Filter, 5 Stage Mineral Cartridge, Maifan Mineral Stone||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Includes Magnetic Spigot*||✓||✓||Includes Float Valve vs spigot||✓|
|Use with or without base provided||✓||✓||Place on top of water cooler or crock||✓|
|Dimensions||The Active system is square in shape and approximately 28 inches in height, 15 inches in width and depth. Without the base in measures 19 inches in height.||The Rejuvenate system measures approximately 25 inches in height and 13 inches in diameter. If used without the base, it measures 19 inches in height.||The Pulse dispenser system is cylindrical in shape and stands about 17 inches in height and 10 inches in diameter.||The Vitality system is cylindrical in shape and stands about 22 inches in height and 13 inches in diameter. Without the base it measures 16 inches in height.|
Zen Water System transforms ordinary tap water to clean, delicious, alkaline mineral water. This system uniquely combines 5 different functions into 1 system: 1.) Filter; 2.) Purify; 3.) Alkalize; 4.) Mineralize; 5.) Magnetize. The benefits are endless. The Micro-Ceramic Filter contains millions of tiny pores that measure 0.2 to 0.5 micron in size, which removes up to 99% bacteria, trap harmful contaminants, parasites and effectively reduce manmade chemicals, pesticides, herbicides and toxins. 5-Stage Mineral Filter Cartridge contains activated carbon which purifies your drinking water by eliminating bad taste and foul odor, leaving water crispy clean with a mountain spring fresh flavor. The silica sand contains superb absorbent qualities to remove impurities in the body and is known to aid in the formation and strengthening of connective tissues. The far-infrared ceramic balls are commonly used in alternative medicine to increase enzyme activity in digestive tract, improve memory function, regulate blood pressure, boost metabolism, strength and vitality. Mafia Mineral Stones infuse water with micro-nutrients and essential minerals such as calcium, zinc, potassium, manganese and increase alkalinity of water. Zen Water is eco-friendly and BPA-Free. It requires no electricity or plumbing and operates purely on gravity. No more bottled water and plastic waste. The system is compact, portable and pays for itself in about less than 2 months time. Turn your dirty tap water into healthy, delicious mineral water at your fingertip. Get one for the office or the cabin. Keep one handy for emergency or natural disaster. Capacity: Top holding tank is 1.5-gallon; Bottom storage tank is 2.5-gallon. Filter life: Ceramic filter is 1,000 gallons or 1 year; 5-Stage Filter is 500 gallons or 6 months; Mafia Mineral Stones is 3 to 5 years. System can be used with or without the base. Not recommended for use with microbiologically unsafe water.
Top customer reviews
But I was game; I bought the 8-gallon model, and I waited at the door with a PH meter to tackle the first challenge: would the Zen, in fact, increase the PH of the water? If it didn't, it was going back. If it did, the earned credibility would help me more readily accept the other claims of this water filter system.
The unit arrived in two days and I was already prepared by other reviewers that it takes a little time to tinker the unit together, boil pebbles, scrub the dome, and rinse the 5-compartment mineral stack for 15 minutes. Sure, it's not exactly 'plug and play,' but if this system did what it claimed, it would be worth it.
I then followed the manufacturer's directive to DISCARD THE FIRST TWO FULL TANKS of water that filtered through it. But I cheated, I took a teeny taste of Zen water after the first tank filtered through. Yuck! It tasted like rocks! This was discouraging, but I proceeded with allowing the second tank to filter through. (By the way, this took two days. That's not a complaint; I was already prepared, again by reviewers and the manufacturer that water takes time to filter through the Zen -- about 2 hours per gallon. So with an 8-gallon unit flushed twice at 2 hours a gallon, the math is simple. But this really isn't a problem once you're up and operating: you just start filtering water when you go to bed and you'll have more than you'll need the next morning.)
So, once the Zen had passed two tanks of water through its elements, I tasted from the third batch and.... Wow! Fantastic taste! Just like natural spring water! I was very impressed.
At this point, I pulled the PH meter out from my cowboy holster to challenge, at 'gun point,' Zen's claims of PH improvement. I re-calibrated my PH meter and took a dive. Zen came through with flying colors. My tap water started at PH 7.39. After filtering through the Zen, the water became 8.29. Awesome! I also tested my grocery store's brand of "Purified Water" in a bottle and it tested at 6.57 which is lackluster, especially because it's tasteless.
Beyond the PH triumph, the Zen delivers a lot more. It provides many important minerals. My wife and I have been drinking distilled water for years in our tea and coffee. Reportedly, distilled water is not a good choice for drinking water. There are debates on both sides of the issue, but many will say distilled water leeches minerals from the human body. True or not true, who can say for sure, but why risk it? Another persuasion against continuing with distilled water is that it tested quite low on the PH scale (4.8 before I gave my PH meter a tune-up). Also, it lacks taste as well.
After just two days of drinking Zen water, I could actually feel an amazing improvement overall: more energy and increased mental clarity. Exactly how much water we're supposed to drink each day varies on our weight and activity. However, the most common answer from respectable sources seem to agree: take your weight in pounds, multiply by roughly 2/3 or 67%, and that's how many ounces of water to drink each day.
Meanwhile, I wanted to know exactly what each of the mineral compartments of the Zen System did in specific terms. So, consulting with the Zen people, here's what I found:
- The Ceramic Dome Filter traps contaminants, bacteria, spores, cysts and parasites. It also reduces organic chemicals, pesticides and herbicides.
- Encased Mineral Stones helps preserve purity and freshness of stored water by inhibiting secondary breeding of bacteria.
- Magnetized Water has been reported to increase overall health effects and boost immunity level.
- Removes bad tastes, odor and chlorine. Colloidal Silver incapacitates bacteria.
- lon Exchange Resin softens and purifies water by removing toxins and heavy metals.
- Far Infrared elements help boost strength and vitality, improves memory functions. It’s known to help regulate blood pressure, blood sugar level and hormonal functions.
- Sillica Sand aids in digestion and boosts metabolism, improves circulation and immune system, helps strengthen collagen for radiant skin, shiny hair and stronger nails.
- Mineral Sand and Stones infuse water with micro-nutrient such as calcium, iron, zinc and magnesium.
======= FAST FORWARD >>> Now, two years later, I can tell you that this is one of our top 3 favorite purchases from Amazon! This filter keeps churning out fabulous tasting water! Just be sure to put into your calendar reminders the few prescribed tasks of cleaning the dome and replacing the elements -- the first is not difficult and the second is not expensive. Just be sure to get the replacement elements from the authorized Zen Water Systems website.
With that said, let's look at the good and the bad:
1) There were little plastic fibers, similar to fiber glass or hairlike shavings in the top container of this unit. Lots of them, and they were static clung to the sides. This gave me a bit of anxiety, because I had to clean it very good to make sure I didn't ingest one of these.
2) The sticker on the front was crooked, and had a big crease in it. In my opinion if you are going to place your name brand on something, it should be done with care and put the label on straight and smooth. I could have simply removed it, but I like the Zen Water label so I was able to remove it and place it on squarely (but there is a little bend in the corner still)
3) The filter is no longer like the one in the pictures. They should update their photos so that you are not surprised by this. Different order of hte materials and an exchange of one of them.
4) The unit is VERY slow for the first few days to make water. It was much slower than they said it would be, but it will speed up. Just scrub the white dome well with a clean brush and soak it in water like the instructions say to do. Give it a week and you'll be making water at a very reasonable rate (there are 4 of us here and we drink a lot, probably a gallon or more a day, and the unit has no problem keeping up now)
1) I contacted the company by email and they got right back to me. Very detailed reply, excellent customer service, which to be honest saved this sale. Nice job Zen Water customer service!
2) The spout is awesome. Simply press your glass into it and it dispenses water. If you prefer, you can flip it up to leave it permanently on in case you want to fill something large.
3) It looks nice. I got the 6 gallon model, which I believe stores 4 gallons in the bottom of fresh clean water and holds 2 in the top where it still smells like chlorine from the tap.
4) Most important: THE WATER IS GREAT! No chlorine smell. Nice mineral balanced flavor. It never ceases to amaze me how good this water tastes.
5) Convenience, no more hauling large qualities of water home from the store. Unit sits on my counter and I simply add tap water to the top.
6) Because the water is so good my kids are finally drinking water!
Lastly I would like to compare this to the Brita Water Filtration System UltraMax.
My wife picked up the UltraMax here on Amazon and I bought the Zen Water System. I know it is not a fair comparison since I spend more on the Zen, but there is no comparison on water quality, smell or taste either. The Brita still smelled of chlorine after it filtered it. The taste wasn't terrible, but it wasn't exactly good either. This ZEN system not only removes every hint of chlorine from our water, it also tastes better than any bottled water I have purchased. My wife and kids all agree.
I've had it since March now, and I absolutely love it. I do find that taller glasses and bottles are difficult to fill even when it's sitting on a base, but I just started keeping a 2-cup measuring cup right next to the dispenser. It's great to be able to make a pot of soup or noodles and have enough filtered water on hand to use. Today I scrubbed the reusable ceramic prefilter for the second time, and this time I took some pictures. The gunk that it caught in just three to four weeks is ridiculous, but I'm so glad that it was caught on the filter and didn't end up in my water. I'm also glad that it does have a ceramic filter that's reusable and washable, I would go broke replacing the main filter if it went straight into it. Overall, I love it and definitely recommend it.