|Screen Size||11.6 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1366 x 768|
|Max Screen Resolution||1336 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||1.8 GHz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||4 GB SO-DIMM|
|Memory Speed||1333 MHz|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 3000|
|Card Description||HD Graphics 3000|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
ASUS Zenbook UX21E-DH52 11.6-Inch Ultrabook (OLD VERSION)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Is it better than the MacBook Air? It depends. If you are a Windows person, it is. Previously, you had to be seriously biased to say any Windows-based laptop in the ultracompact category is better than the MacBook Air. Now, that can be an honest assertion. But if you are a Mac person, you might still say the MacBook air is better, which could be a debatable assertion, but a respectable one.
To me, ZenBook is better than the MacBook air, even if I objectively lay aside the operating system difference, because for my personal preferences I give a higher value to some of the strong points of Zenbook, especially its thermal performance. Your preference may be different.
- THUMBS UP FOR BOTH MACBOOK AIR AND ZENBOOK
(1) COMPUTING PERFORMANCE - First of all, in terms of the primary computing performance, including the CPU and memory performance, they're very similar, and both are very good. Asus' own tests say that the Zenbook is faster, but I don't feel much of it. This is, however, mainly because both are so fast. Comparing the speed of the CPU and memory of these two computers really has very little practical meaning. Only labs would be interested in doing that. Who is going to choose a computer over another because one opens up Microsoft Word in 1.5 seconds versus the other's 1.7 seconds? You see what I mean.
ZenBook does have much faster data transfer through its USB 3 port.Read more ›
The Zenbook is very pleasant to look at and different, but not difficult to use- in fact, my experience has been enjoyable. I've not experienced any problems described by other reviewers. Perhaps Asus is listening and my machine is a reflection of that.
I was surprised at the negative comments on engineering design, choice of components, etc. The emphasis on the keyboard and touchpad are understandable in that they are different - the manual explains how to use the keypad and what to expect. I've had electrical "pops" on many laptop chargers, and this one did so about 5% of the time. Asus provides a solid warranty on its laptops. And, I have dealt with their support organization before on warranty work and service calls, with positive results, except one, where it took time for them to find a replacement laptop - the outcome was satisfactory.
1. The Elan touchpad works very well and has a sensitivity region that shrinks in size when you are typing on the keyboard so that you don't accidentally activate the touchpad while typing.
2. While a source of complaints, the keyboard and keys definitely enhance the look. Keys provide positive feedback with a "tactile click" created by the key giving way when it is pressed down far enough. It's also reliable - key presses that failed were not the computer's fault.
3. When done working, I just close the lid on the machine to suspend my work - (it has "sleep" rather than "shutdown" as the default option to power off your computer).
4.Read more ›
Back to the keyboard. No driver can fix this keyboard. The keys are flat on top. The keys sit very close to the surrounding material underneath. You can push a key at the corner and touch the underlying material and not register a key push. I cannot replicate this on any other keyboard I have in the house. This means you bottom out the key before it registers the key push. Bottom line: you miss every fifth letter unless you hit the key right in the middle. I like to keep my job and I need to spell correctly. Therefore:
I took this machine right on back to Frys. The machine is truly beautiful (prettier than the MacBook Air). The sound from the speakers is very nice and it is much quieter than the MacBook Air (which we also own) because the implementation of the internal fan is much better on this Asus machine. The screen is nice too.
The keyboard sucks though and the trackpad is merely passable. I hated to take it back, but how Asus turned this into the Anus with a keyboard that doesn't work is beyond me. What screwed up committee let this happen?
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This requires a bit of a complex review. I don't normally write reviews years after the purchase, but in this case, it seems necessary. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Benjamin C. Kirkup
I purchased this computer 2/23/12. I paid a premium price for this computer due to its design, lightweight and portable. Read morePublished on June 10, 2013 by Amazon Customer
seems slow and very delicate, havent used it much for this reason, but it is lightweight and thin and does look incredibly modern.Published on April 23, 2013 by Michael
The notebook works really good and it's really light to bring with me everywhere, just wish they had various colors.Published on December 27, 2012 by Lina Ma
IT IS A VERY GOOD PRODUCT FOR EVERYDAY USE THAT YOU MUST CONSIDER IN OUR VERY FAST AND BUSSY WORLD.Published on December 11, 2012 by YAIMI
No, because the wifi is not working property, and i don't know how solved this problem.
I try to contact with the support from asus and they don't response now. Read more
I wonder how this piece of shxt keyboard passed ASUS's QA, along with the non-responsive touchpad. I have had ASUS notebooks before, and have always been impressed with the quality... Read morePublished on September 30, 2012 by Leah
There are a number of comprehensive reviews about this laptop on Amazon. They talk at length about everything from the bluetooth capabilities to the amount of ports that the Asus... Read morePublished on September 27, 2012 by B. Chandra
The HD died in 3 months. There is no way to change the HD, because it is too specific: Asus did not provide a replacement for it. Read morePublished on September 3, 2012 by Amazon Customer
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.