Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by morrisey Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 27, 2017
The smell from the soles of these shoes is hideous, however, I believe I am particularly susceptible to smells... especially Chinese rubber. That being said, these EXACT same shoes, with a different label sewn in to the bottom, are available from the same vendor as:
Giorgio Brutini Men's Fallon 17588 Tuxedo Oxford,Black. I know this as I bought several pairs with the intention of keeping the one that fit best. Regarding fit, I find them to be fairly comfortable, especially for the price and then again even more comfortable with a fairly cheap pair Dr. Scholls insoles.
on December 9, 2016
They worked amazing for me, I needed some dress shoes for certain events I've been doing for school. They are a little bit of a pain on my feet after wearing them for a while, but they fit perfect as long as I wear a double pair of socks. They're really shiny and I like that about them the most.
review image
on March 8, 2016
Do not buy these shoes! They are absolute garbage. I would not have bought them for $1 had I known how horrible they are. If these were in a store, the staff would throw them all away lest the acrid fumes kill all their customers. I feel sorry for the people who work in the warehouse with them. Not to mention, they fit terribly. The material is stiff and inflexible. I got blisters within 30 minutes of putting them on. They are now in the garage next to the trash.
3 helpful votes
on May 24, 2016
Needed tuxedo shoes ASAP for a wedding and this was perfect although it wasn't comfortable enough to last in them all day. The shine and style is great though! Danced the night away with them and I was able to get the shoes more flexible over time. The laces were long, but I think that was intentional so that you can hide it without them coming out after being tied.

One thing I did not like is that the top layer had chipped on the front end of the shoe and it now has a small gray spot. Not exactly sure how that happened but now these shoes are unusable. Regardless, these are great shoes, I just wish it hadn't chipped so I can use them again. The 2nd and 3rd use would probably be better as they are broken in... Boo!
on June 28, 2011
I bought these shoes on short notice for a wedding that I was going to be in. I bought these shoes a .5 size bigger than I normally would so that I could get them in sooner. However they fit great still.

They did have a strong rubber smell out of the box, but it wasn't overwhelming and I definitely didn't notice them while I was wearing them. Really, I could only tell the smell when I brought it close to my nose. They look great and are nice and shiny. Shoes strings perhaps a little long, but not bad.

The shoes were very comfortable. I was on my feet throughout the wedding and for dancing after the wedding. I had no rubbing and it did not cut into my ankle. I would most definitely buy another pair of these if I needed them.
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
on May 3, 2016
Just had my son try on the shoes for my wedding and it fits him perfectly. The shoes are very shiny and fancy looking. Amazing deal for good looking pair of dress shoes!! We also ordered his tuxedo on Amazon which is coming in tomorrow so looking forward to having him try on the shoes with his suit.
on August 21, 2014
My husband bought these shoes to match his slim fit Ralph Lauren rental tux on his wedding day, as he needed a quick alternative to the horrid ones they were offering at the rental store.

Other comments regarding the odor that these shoes give off are accurate. We left them out on the porch for 5 days before the wedding (and they have been outside since). Unless your nose is close and you are purposely trying to smell the shoes, then yes, they wreak. Other than that, they are not too bad.

The fit itself is quite good. The only thing that he complained of was that the upper edge was digging into his skin. Given we were not out on our feet for the entire day (like other weddings) it was bearable enough.

If you are looking for a quick alternative to a rental place for an affordable amount, then this is the shoe for you.
on May 2, 2017
Too small for me,I thought I was going to get the wide version of this shoe but it was the normal size of this shoe.
So I sent them back.
on January 10, 2014
Shoes described as "Leather, Manmade sole, Leather lined for extra comfort, Cushioned insole" but the shoes I received were made exlusively of man-made materials (something I call pleather or vinyl). The shoes fit fine (true to size) and I don't notice any odor (as others have complained), As another reviewer describes, the shoes even come with shoe bags for long term storage (something I hadn't anticipated in this price-range). All in all I consider the shoe a good value... but BEWARE they are not as advertised (eg not leather)

Neither a plus or a minus, the shoe is very squared toed.. Reminded me a lot of shoes I got in the early 90's. This is a look I like and I find the shoes comfortable and they look good w/ my tux, but if you are looking for a pointy toe'd item, look elsewhere
on September 30, 2014
For $40 I gave it a shot! People complained of the terrible odor from the rubber of the shoes in the reviews so I was a bit hesitant on buying them. However, I had no such problems, sound investment for wearing them a few times in the future. I just wore them on Saturday 9/27/14 for a wedding with no issues whatsoever. They are shiny, but do crease a bit but that was expected.
3 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question