Top critical review
13 people found this helpful
HONEST REVIEW, beautiful but wouldn't buy again.
on March 2, 2015
HONEST REVIEW: I ordered these shoes in my actual size rather than a bit large like I usually do. First the PROS:
1) They fit well, you can wear them tight or loose and they don't slip off of your feet.
2) They are very nice looking and clean pretty easily. Just use something wet and microfiber is my suggestion for cloth (or cotton). Takes a little rubbing on certain spills but they do shine up nice, and to my surprise they don't scuff as easily as I thought. I drive limos for a living (no Floyd Christmas lol) and they get banged on more things that you might imagine.
3) They look great, did i mention that? Love the square toe.
4) I've had them for a few weeks now and have not noticed any stinky smells from them.
1) The leather is very thin and it makes the shoe uncomfortable, the heel has been digging into my feet for 4 days in hopes of "breaking them in"... to no avail. The review that had some lady's son saying they are comfortable is total bull dung, most uncomfortable shoes I've worn and I've worn many types. $30 shoes from burlington or ross are far more comfortable. After 4 days of trying to break them in I had to cut not one but 2 slits in the back of the shoe, each about 4 cm long running vertically along each side of the thicker, sewn on seam. You can't notice the slits even without your pant leg covering them and they fit much more comfortably. Having said that, they still aren't in the realm of "comfortable" and I would have gone with another brand had I known they were so thin. The leather "lining" is a joke, sales pitch.
ALL in all, I love the look of the shoe and they do fit well, but I WOULD NOT buy another pair, especially since I wear them on a daily basis. If you are going to wear them one time and don't mind the feeling of little sharp blades against your heels then have at it. Godspeed.
(In the picture below, I am pushing the outer material so that you can better see the modification)