Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Zenna Home Aluminum Curved Shower Rod, Satin Nickel
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Size: 56"-72"|Color: Brushed Nickel|Change
Price:$36.56+ Free shipping

on September 3, 2012
We bought two curved shower rods. The first was by Hotel. We picked it up locally. The parts for that rod were poorly machined and the holes for the screws didn't line up. We returned it. We looked at a Moen curtain rod. The mounts were plastic. So much for a more premium brand. Finally, we found this one; all the parts are metal, every thing was machined correctly and it was a quick and easy install. We are very happy with it.

I installed the mounts two inches further back that the manufacturer suggests in the instructions. I mention this because I wanted the ends of the curtain against the wall, a bit further inside to prevent any splash. It worked like a charm.

Update:
It's still holding up nicely. 4/18/15
44 comments| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2011
this is a must item if you live in an apartment with a small br. It literally expanded our shower area by almost one third. We are very impress, by not only the simple installation but also the solid material construction and the best price anywhere, the same I saw in a retailer which sells for 60. all the way 5 stars for Amazon and its quality product
on January 12, 2014
Product is nice and easy to install, even though the instructions were missing from the package (see install hint at end of review). Decorative end caps fit loosely on one end (not sure if this is intentional or sized incorrectly). Product is lighter in weight than I expected, and finish on product is good. Was able to install by myself--hint to anyone else missing instructions: join the two sides of the double bars together before attaching them to the wall mounts, making sure the wall mounts match the rod ends (one end is smaller than the other). Also, before attaching wall mounts to the wall, lay out the rod with matching mount to make sure the set screws on the rod face down when mounted--this matters because if the screw is at the top, it will interfere when sliding opening/closing the shower curtain/liner (hooks get caught on set screw).
on September 2, 2013
I purchased the item 8 months ago. It was very easy to install in the shower. Now that it has been in for 8 months the bottom of the rod is rusty all over and looks bad.
on April 7, 2013
This is a great product, I'm keeping it at 5 stars because there's nothing wrong with it. it's heavy duty, it looks nice. The mounting option is secure.

I'd recommend everyone see how the DOOR opens in your bathroom before buying this though. It never occurred to me that this wouldn't work because of the door, which opens directly to the shower/tub area. If I kept this (had to end up buying a flat bar) It would have been set back about 6 inches in the tub surround so that the door could open fully when I entered the bathroom (too far of a set back to be practical, and defeats the purpose of the bar). If you've got a tight bathroom area, make sure to measure and check how your door opens. Just a word to the wise.
77 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2012
Easy to install....came in a huge box...adds a lot of room to the existing shower. Well made and priced right.
We put the old shower rod high in the center of the shower for a drip rod for wet clothes. Should have done this a long time ago. Very happy camper!
on June 14, 2011
was a really good buy really like it. the only problem was the screws they include in the kit are not strong and one broke when installing. luckily we had plenty of extras in the garage. dont let that sway you though, the rod is good quality and looks great, id just use diff screws..
on April 15, 2013
Originally I was disappointed with this purchase because it was listed as Zenith than arrived in Canopy packaging which is Walmart's generic brand [...] I was contacted by the manufacturer and told that this wasn't an inferior product & that it wouldn't rust. Wrong-o. It started rusting probably 6-8 months after we started using it. There are several spots all over the rod and this isn't an easy replacement since it is screwed into the wall. Besides you would think something made for the shower would resist rust. Kinda ridiculous.
33 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2012
I previously bought and installed a non-adjustable, bow shaped shower rod (reviewed elsewhere), and was unhappy with the installation and overall quality of the unit. For a second shower, I bought this unit wanting a heavier quality and adjustable so I wouldn't have to deal with trying to cut the rod on an angle. I'm very happy with both the product and ease of installation. This is not a lightweight unit ... It is very sturdy. Of course, overall sturdiness will be controlled by how strong your mounting connections are. I used the included screw-type drywall connectors and they gave me a very good connection to the wall on each end. I considered using toggle bolts (NOT molly bolts) for the added strength, but after several months of use, absolutely no slack has developed so the included screw-type anchors are working fine. (It would be easy to change to toggle bolts now if I ever change my mind.) Overall, well-built attractive unit with several compliments (a little surprising to get compliments on a shower curtain rod). I suggest you spend a few bucks more and buy the ball bearing type shower hooks (which I did). We never had a single instance of the shower curtain hanging up as it glides past the "adjustment" fitting. If I ever needed another bow shaped unit, this is the one I would buy.
on January 29, 2012
This shower rod is simply great. The install was incredibly easy, and there was no cutting involved. It made our shower seem bigger and more open. My husband and I occasionally share a shower, and now our not-so-big shower handles two people with no problem. I don't have to worry about bumping into the cold shower curtain anymore when he claims the water, or when I'm washing my hair. Yeah, first world problem but hey - it's the little things in life, right? We bought Heavy Duty - Polished Chrome Roller Shower Curtain Rings - Set of 12 RollerRingsTM to go along with the rod and the combination really makes it feel like we're at a fancy hotel every time we take a shower. Totally worth it!