Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 688 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 721 reviews
on February 20, 2016
We purchased this to match our sink/cabinet for our new bathroom and it matches quite well and looks good! It gives just a bit of extra room for storage inside and even another option for hanging a towel. (Though we don't use that for towels as it's right above the toilet and that's more than this germophobe could tolerate!) It arrived safely and it didn't take long at all for my husband to hang it. It fits perfectly above the toilet and gives the room a bit of a home feel instead of a bare wall and I like that it "hides" things instead of having a shelf where everything is just out there (collecting germs....the toilet again!) for everyone to see. Because the theme of the bathroom is a sandy beach, it was a good place to add my sandpipers! The nest is actually some potpourri to give a little scent naturally, without the chemical sprays people tend to use in bathrooms. I couldn't give it a 5 because I don't love it....although it totally serves the purpose, it's not outstanding and seems a bit on the cheap side with the doors, hubby had to adjust so they were straight....or as close as we could get to straight. We wouldn't have put this where it would actually be used much, like in our main bathroom, where we are in and out of the cabinet all the time. It didn't seem sturdy enough for that kind of traffic, but for the extra bathroom, it's good.
on October 4, 2012
Exactly as described - would have given 5 stars except it was a little dinged up and two of the tiny hinge screws stripped immediately (fortunately I had slightly larger matching screws so no problem). It was easy to put together and is perfect for replacing the big clunky cabinet we had in our tiny guest bathroom. CAUTION: if you want real-wood quality, pay the price and get something else! This is just right for the price.
review image review image review image
33 comments| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon June 25, 2014
This is a very flimsy set of shelves. I apparently didn't read the product description
very well; because as soon as I saw the box and heard the parts rolling around
loose in the box. I knew I had made a mistake.
The back is made of cardboard; and the the sides are made of pressed and glued
saw dust. The deal breaker for me though was the depth of the shelves. If you just
want a place to put a few pill bottles and few deodorant sticks; this will be adequate.
But I had more storage in mind. So I spent another forty dollars and got a solid
cabinet with some depth to the shelves.
This product has a very reasonable price; but be sure to read and understand the
dimensions and don't expect any real wood. I would suggest taking ruler and lay
the measurements out on the wall you plan to use this. And be sure to hold your
ruler or tape measure out from the wall to see the depth of the shelves to be sure
this set of shelves will be good for you.
on April 29, 2017
Cute as can be, for the price. I've been having trouble finding an item like this (with shelf + towel bar) in this price range. Easy assembly, except one door is a little uneven but don't notice unless you stand far back which you can't in tiny bathroom. Would have given 5 stars but hanging was ridiculously hard. They want you to screw through the back from the front into the wall...which you can't see!!! Incredibly frustrating trying to line up to remeasured spots on walls. We ended up not using that and bought heavy duty mirror hangers from Home Depot and hung it like a big picture. Not sure what they were thinking on that! Could have made it so much easier with pre drilled hanging holes or something. But now that its up, frustration is gone and I'm happy
on October 22, 2014
~ Pros

* looks nice
* good compact size (especially, depth)

~ Cons ~

* crappy materials (chipboard, cardboard)

* some bolt holes are drilled at wrong places, which /affects/ the appearance of the assembled unit (e.g., the bottom shelf has holes on top, which it is not supposed to have at all; I managed to cover them with sticky paper, but it is clearly a temporary solution. I will have to fill these holes with some kind of glue. Another example: holes on the left and on the right of each shelf are drilled at slightly different positions, so a shelf will be exactly aligned with one side wall and slightly misaligned with another side wall.)

* easy to break: firstly, since it is crappy chipboard, it is very easy to spoil the thread when screwing the door hinges. It has happen to me 3 times during the assembly of this cabinet, and I had to re-drill the holes and use dowels for the screws to hold in place (dowels or a drill are not included with the cabinet). Secondly, the cabinet is held only with two plastic angle brackets on top, so if, say, your kid pulls the bottom of the cabinet, most likely the brackets will break/dowels fall of the wall and the cabinet will fall on the person's head.

* hard to assemble: in addition to the problem with easy thread-breaking, the suggested sequence of assembling the parts is clearly not optimal. For example, the instruction prescribes to nail the back wall (made of cardboard) early and, closer to the end of assembly, to screw the angle brackets. However, the angle bracket is supposed to be so close to the back wall, that if the back wall is already present, it is pretty much impossible to put in the screws that would hold the brackets (unless you have some super-specialized screwdriver that can operate under an 90-degree angle).

* not easy to clean: I accidentally left some dark marks on the back wall while assembling the cabinet, and was not able yet to clean them off using water and non-abrasive paper towel.

I would return it, but I have put so much effort into the assembly, that the result is now sort of a monument to perseverance and ingenuity, as well as a reminder that one needs to read the reviews in addition to looking at the average star-rating before buying stuff.

Not recommended.
on January 29, 2016
While the quality of the back was a bit lower than I expected and my boyfriend wanted to return it after realizing it wasn't solid wood, it's a great size and does its job in a bathroom which had no medicine cabinet.
on July 20, 2013
To be fair, this piece is not supported by its cardboard backing as some reviewers have said. The top and side panels are made of a sturdier material than the shelves, and the cabinet is supported by plastic L brackets that attach to the top piece and the wall. I don't have a huge problem with cardboard backing since it's on probably all my bookcases, but I didn't consider the problem this could be in a damp bathroom, nor have I attempted to clean it yet.

I assembled it yesterday and it was a big pain. The shelves are made of cheap press board and I stripped the hole attaching the door hinge. I used the hot-glue gun to hold it instead. I also had to drill the wall holes a few times since the instructions didn't give any indication to what size bit I should use for the anchors, and I was super paranoid about going too big. I don't have a ton of experience with drills, so this could just be the fault of my own ineptness. I'm mostly just unhappy that I spent more effort than it was worth to get this thing on my wall. It's pretty tiny, the door is likely to fall off, and when I decide to take it down I'll have a couple useless holes in the wall. In the meantime it is pretty cute, and my bathroom is tidier, so that warrants a couple stars.
on May 22, 2016
This was the most affordable wall cabinet for my bathroom I could find. This wall cabinet, was not only affordable but, relatively easy to put together (with a helper of course) and looks great in my bathroom. I am able to conceal certain items from view now and actually have a decorative shelf for cute plants :) I also feel like this shelf is sturdy and well hooked to the wall. The plastic-like paint on this cabinet makes it easy to clean and maintain. I highly recommend this wall cabinet!
review image review image
on April 26, 2017
Exactly what we needed! We have a travel trailer with very limited storage, and none at all in our bathroom area. We were able to mount one side onto a stud, and since it is so lightweight, it is perfect. It is slim, but will hold a Costco sized paper towel, and looks/feels like great quality! We are so glad we chose this.
on March 27, 2017
I do like this cabinet and will be keeping it, but it is a little on the cheap looking side. I am ordering new knobs for it to help it look a little better. The back of it looks a little cheap too, but it's ok. I do wish there was another shelf inside, but I knew that there wasn't when I purchased it. Overall, it's ok for the money.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.