Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

• Customer Reviews

on September 25, 2011
I ordered two of these for my calves because I was getting persistent (and worsening) shin splints while training for a marathon, to the point that I doubted whether I'd be able to complete the training without a stress fracture. The calf/shin sleeve has been amazing- it's the equivalent of taping your shins so that the force is distributed differently along your tibia, and I must say it's infinitely easier and much more comfortable. They're not the most attractive thing to wear but they have been absolutely worthwhile in my experience. After wearing them for a week I had virtually no shin pain and have not had any problems with shin splints since that time.

I would absolutely recommend these to anyone who suffers from shin splints and has not found that rest/ice/PT has helped.
on April 2, 2012
I bought these for my 12 year old daughter suffering from horrible shin splints. She's been a multi-sport athlete for years (soccer, basketball, volleyball) but with a big growth spurt this year her body has been out of sorts and the icing on the cake was the meanest shin splints ever. The muscle on the outside of both shinbones felt like train tracks, all ridged and bumpy. She even developed a knot on the inside of one shinbone about the size of a ping-pong ball. We RICEd and massaged her like crazy and rested her a few weeks, but she was too restless to keep still for long. She'd been doing physical therapy with the athletic trainers at her school and when they felt she was ready to return to sports they tried taping her up in all different ways but nothing really helped. I was kind of grasping at straws trying to find some relief for her and came across compression sleeves in a sporting goods store. The one I saw didn't seem like a very good quality pair (just looked like shin guard sleeves) so I did some research and found that Zensah's sounded like the most therapeutic one on the market. I took a chance and bought a pair for her. At this point, I didn't really care that they costed about $20 per sleeve (sold separately, not in pairs...just so you know), I just wanted some relief for her.

And guess what? They worked. They SO TOTALLY worked for her. It's amazing, really. She barely even complains about her shins now. She wears the sleeves during training sessions and games (sometimes she has two sports back to back) and for 20-30 minutes afterwards. We haven't been icing her as much but we still massage her and the muscles are finally getting back to normal. She no longer hobbles like her grandma after athletics, yay! I don't want to tout this as a "miracle product for all" because not everyone may experience the same outcome, but I have to say...it was a miracle product for my daughter. She makes sure to pack them with her gear every day for sports or PE class. Thank you, Zensah, for a quality product that gave my daughter relief from her shin pain...what a godsend!!!
on March 26, 2010
Not sure where my head was, but the item as described is only a single sleeve. I was thinking in pairs, so now after the fact it's cheaper for me to get a second one than return and buy a pair of a related product... Been seeing more and more of these on the marathon circuit and I am all for preventing injury and aiding recovery, so I jumped on the bandwagon. Just be careful when you leap that you do so with both feet.
33 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2011
My daughter needed a compression sleeve after a soccer injury, didn't know anything about brands or what kind to get. Did a little research on internet and went with Zensah mainly for color selection. I am very satisfied with this product, it fits snug and covers calf from ankle to below knee. The size chart is accurate and needed for proper size selection. It has not lost any of its hold, though my daughter has been wearing it almost daily, and says 'it helps a lot'. I have hand washed it twice, it retained its shape so far. I would definitely buy this product again. Amazon's price was the best plus this item qualified for free shipping.
on November 10, 2015
I ALWAYS get shin splits, but I can't help but run. I've tried a lot of compression sleeves but they didn't seem to do me any good. Since I've worn this I have yet to get another. It looks really small before its been worn, but once you get it on its not too tight at all.
review image
on July 20, 2015
Due to my own stupidity, I only ordered one of these thinking that it was a pack of two (even though it says SINGLE in large letters in the description). This actually gave me a great idea to test out how well these actually work. I ordered these because when running I often suffer from some pretty painful shin splints.

To test how well this product works, I decided to go for a run with just the one on my right leg, and my left leg without. The product really worked well! I noticed my right leg felt much better throughout the run, while my left leg started to feel some pain around the usual time it does. Of course, this product won't completely eliminate the pain, but I would be able to extend my runs MUCH further with this product. Great for running.
on March 12, 2013
I just recently started running 5k's and had always avoided running due to shin splints so I decided to try these. What a major difference they made! Only negative is that you do not have the option of buying a pair and it is not obvious that only one comes in the package so I had to place a separate order for the other one.
on January 21, 2013
I love the bright color! Definitely helps with visibility with those evening and early morning runs. They don't give as much compression as I need for my long runs, but they work fine for short runs of less than 5 miles to help with calf and shin pain. I only ordered one by accident( I thought they came as a pair) and ended up having to order a second one to complete my pair from the same company. The sleeves were slightly different colors. No one really notices, but I is enough to bug me. I wish I would have bought them as a pair, maybe they would have been the exact same color.
I recently tore my calf muscle and these things allow me to get through the day without alot of pain. I would never have thought that a little compression could make this much different in how the muscle feels. I have never had any problems with muscles but apparently this is what you look forward to after 40 if you want to keep running and playing sports. I am probably going to wear these all the time even after I am healed. I followed the directions for sizing and these fit perfect. If you are on the bubble of one size or another go smaller.
on March 28, 2013
I made the mistake of placing one order because I thought they come in pairs. They do not so make sure you order two. But big shout out to the Made In The USA Tag...Thank you for supporting American jobs